top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well that did not take long, 8 days since...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandy, OMG, thank you! I'm on that discount Gas Co and SCE program, but I think Verizon is ripping me off, LOL. I'll check out the other programs. I just had to replace my fridge last month. It was from 1992. I had to pay Sears over $500 for their cheapest. Too bad I didn't know about this sooner. But it will still come in handy. Thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by splinter View Post
      Sandy, OMG, thank you! I'm on that discount Gas Co and SCE program, but I think Verizon is ripping me off, LOL. I'll check out the other programs. I just had to replace my fridge last month. It was from 1992. I had to pay Sears over $500 for their cheapest. Too bad I didn't know about this sooner. But it will still come in handy. Thanks so much!
      No prob. Glad to help. I get my phone service through AT&T and it costs me about $14 a month if I don't make a bunch of toll calls.

FYI some cities in California also have programs to help you pay your water bill. Our city doesn't and it is my highest bill especially in the summer. Our water district though does participate in a rebate program (which is on hold right now) to give you rebates for new energy efficient toilets, sprinkler heads, and washers. I need a new toilet and am patiently waiting for that program to kick back in. No, I don't use the local gas station I have two. I've priced the toilets out, they give you a list of qualifying models, and figure I can get one for almost free-might have to spend $10. I'll install it myself.

Here is the link for various SoCal water district rebate programs: http://www.socalwatersmart.com/index...d=56&Itemid=91

And, if that doesn't pan out I'll see what kind of deal I can get a Habitat For Humanity ReStore. They have them all over the place and they supposedly sell building supplies, paint, flooring, electrical supplies, plumbing supplies, appliances etc. at deep discounts (at least 50% off.) They don't have a price list on the net, so you have to go to the store, but you can check that out too for future reference. Here is their link: http://www.habitat.org/env/restores.aspx

There is a lot of money out there if you do your homework you can find it. You have to be patient though and persistent especially now with so many people up against it. I have found that you either pay with your wallet or your time. I have more time than money and don't mind the hours of research. It's funny when you go to places to apply for aide, whether it's food stamps or a flu shot, you'll see people from all walks of life and the place is usually jammed packed.

Good Luck and Good Hunting!

SandyShores
      Last edited by SandyShores; 08-17-2009, 04:37 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X