Funny mail from CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny mail from CA

I just received a letter from a national CA wanting to verify my address. While this CA has held some of m accounts on assignment in the past, as far as I know they currently have been assigned none of my accounts. So, why on earth would they want to verify my address? Since the letter came with a self-return address. I wrote VERIFIED and sent it back. Has anyone else seen this lately? Strange. Perhaps they are an intermediary preparing some accounts for a portfolio. Or, perhaps the entire "privacy" acts are now being forced on CA's and/or JDBs. They would need an address to send me their annual privacy statement.

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
    I just received a letter from a national CA wanting to verify my address. While this CA has held some of m accounts on assignment in the past, as far as I know they currently have been assigned none of my accounts. So, why on earth would they want to verify my address? Since the letter came with a self-return address. I wrote VERIFIED and sent it back. Has anyone else seen this lately? Strange. Perhaps they are an intermediary preparing some accounts for a portfolio. Or, perhaps the entire "privacy" acts are now being forced on CA's and/or JDBs. They would need an address to send me their annual privacy statement.
    Or perhaps a dyslexic Process server got lost looking for your house ??
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I wrote VERIFIED and sent it back.
      Hmm, I guess I would have burned that letter...
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I would have wrote "return to sender: unknown addressee" and put it back in the mail. Might as well have some fun with them.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Hey, 'Hug: You been around long enough. You know they want a verification to you. YOU KNOW you should have "S" canned that item. What's with it? You close to my age or sumpin'? I have excuse, you don't. LOL 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
            Or perhaps a dyslexic Process server got lost looking for your house ??
            Albacore, get my "girls" back. I'm not gay you know. Get the first one, we had a sumthin going. HMMMmmmm. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Yeah where do you find these pictures, the Weekly World News?
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Yep, I verified my PO Box! Which is the ONLY address I have.

My mind began to slip back in my 40's also. LOL

Now that I'm in my 50's, everything slips.

Comment

I love self-addressed stamped envelopes. Next time, tape it to a brick and mail it back...
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Tape it to a brick...I read about this years ago in Abbie Hoffman's "Steal this Book." LOl

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X