Nationwide Credit Inc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide Credit Inc

Just got 2 calls from these people does anyone know who they normally represent? My guess is it's my Amex card. Thanks

Originally posted by Cheeseater View Post
    Just got 2 calls from these people does anyone know who they normally represent? My guess is it's my Amex card. Thanks
    havent got that one yet. things got way quiet for the last 3 weeks. I grab the mail each day almost hopeing to find something from a CA to end some of the suspense (I must have a sick sense of Humor)
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I feel the same way, I got my letter from GC Services today, $8300 to Citi/sears. I'll mail them payment Monday in the form of a DV. I guess I just want to know if or which of these jokers is going to be the first to sue.

Comment

It's funny, you guys mention a new CA and then about a week later they're trying to contact me. Guess I'll be hearing from them. Looks like the morons
        at Creditors Interchange picked up another account of mine, they're calling again.

What's somewhat funny lately is I've been getting these letter from Chase which are basically one liners which say your dispute has been thoroughly investigated (LOL) and all charges remain. I think this is the byproduct of some of my DV letters.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Maybe we should start our own collection agency. BF Collection Services "we prevail when Mumbai fails".

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
            It's funny, you guys mention a new CA and then about a week later they're trying to contact me. Guess I'll be hearing from them. Looks like the morons
            at Creditors Interchange picked up another account of mine, they're calling again.

What's somewhat funny lately is I've been getting these letter from Chase which are basically one liners which say your dispute has been thoroughly investigated (LOL) and all charges remain. I think this is the byproduct of some of my DV letters.
            Chase is still sending me happy letters offering to settle for way less than the balance. guess they must think I have money since i'm still paying them my car payment on time.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

My Amex just went to Collectcorp. Funny thing is the Mrs, she hasnt gotten sent anything. go fig. mines for a lousy $475.
              Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                Why do you guys ask why a CA is calling when you have multiple accounts? It seems like such a waste to go google the number (if they didn't leave a message) then get on here and ask what CA handles who. Most of the OC use several CA's, Citi uses GS services, NCO and several others. GEMB uses NCO etc. and they get swapped around. I have two Amex cards and each one went to two different CA's and two separate law firms and they both went at about the same time. Why didn't Amex send them both to the same place? I don't know.

But I am just lost as to what good it does to come on here and post, I got a call from ABC who do they collect for? When it can be almost anyone or one of your accounts could have been moved to another CA by the OC. Its nothing but a guess and really what has it resolved?

Geez, you might as well ask if they are going to sue you too just to complete the magic eight ball questions!!

Answering the phone or calling them back would really answer your question.
                Your cranky today

Comment

Big Boy, I understand what your saying. This a fairly new experience with me and it helps relieve some of my anxiety to post. Just trying to share what's going on to let other not as far along as I what they might one day encounter. Thanks for your post on GC services; it gave me an idea of how they will be handling my account.
                  I did try to call National back but the number just rang constant busy. If you could share with me how long it's been since you've been unable to pay your creditors and if you have been sued or received any judgments it would help. I know every case is different, I just like to know if there is a chance of holding them off till spring. Thanks

Also do have any more pictures of your sister you can pm me. She is HOT!

Comment

got a hand full of mail yesterday, 1 each from Cap 1 and B of A warning that i was within 2 weeks of charge off and they MIGHT seek legal action blah blah blah the normal canned letter.

But I had a interesting one from a United Collection Bureau collecting for Citi. its not your typical you owe Citi xxx and you have 30 days to dispute etc.

This states they are authorized by Citi to settle for less than the full balance due and to call them to discuss. i was going to send them a DV but i'm not sure they are a CA. or mabee this is the 1st shot over the bow.

Anyone get a letter from these guys ??

Comment

Originally posted by BigBoy2U
                      Authorized to settle is still a CA, any company or person who accepts money on behalf of another (according to my states laws) is considered a CA. They are just trying another tactic. You had to have gotten the mini-miranda? This is a debt collector...??

just wondering with a name like United COLLECTION Bureau what part of the name might make you think they are NOT a CA? LOL

if no mini-miranda then that is a nice big FDCPA violation.

"So in attempt to clean things up, I'm contacting collection companies about old debt. One of which, is United Collection Bureau, also, UCB, located in Toledo Ohio. With some searching online I've found a lot of bad information about this company and its bad practices, including MANY lawsuits against them for bad practice. The other day I also found on the BBB that they're currently under suspension due to too many complaints."

http://consumers.creditnet.com/Discu...eau-67172.html
                      thats jut it. no mini miranda. thats why its confusing. the closest thing is this statement :
                      "This is an attempt to collect a debt by UCB Inc a debt collector, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

but no statement about 30 days to respond blah blah blah. so i think this may indeed be a new tactic. i'll send them a DV anyway.

Comment

My Business Amex was sent to Nationwide. They will call 10 times a day for about two weeks and then disappear. I ignored them, never answered a call, however, they did contact several family members and my next door neighbor.
                        They never got close to talking to me, nor did I ever send them a DV (didn't know about those at the time) so I guess they sent the account back to Amex.
                        They filed suit exactly 180 days from last payment. I filed the general denial answer and there is a court date in 2/2010 - which is exactly one year from the date they filed (for those of you who wonder how long these things can drag out).
                        Funny thing is...Amex all of a sudden started sending weekly emails with my ACCOUNT AT A GLANCE just to remind me of my balance and that it is past due...HUH?? They haven't sent a thing, not even a call since the account was charged off, so thought that was strange.
                        Maybe now that a court date is set, are they are wanting to settle?
                        I already spoke to their attorney on the phone when I asked for my extension to file the answer and he asked what the liklihood was of paying at least half of the $200k balance. I told him I had no assets to liquidate and most likely filing Chapter 7. He said to have my attorney contact him if I go that route.

So, now that I've deviated quite a bit from the OP's original question....I guess my point is that Nationwide does collect for Amex FSB which is the open business line of credit.
                        My Amex Gold card which is owned by Amex Centurion Bank was handled with United Recovery Systems...but that's a whole nother story!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X