Close Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close Call

Sheesh......It's hot here today close to 100dg. So i get home from work looking forward to jumping in the pool. so im throwing the ball around to the dog, my 17 year old daughter is tormenting me, so she gets out of the water, and i hear someone calling to us throught the wrought iron gate. my daughter goes over then i hear her calling, mom, theres a lady here that needs you to sign for something. crap, my heart skips a beat, I'm thinking here we go my 1st lawsuit. So my wife comes out and i hear her talking to the lady, then i see a small box passed through the gate.....whew I breath a sigh of reilef. False Alarm. it was just Fed-Ex delivering a cellphone .

its very odd becuse Fed-Ex always delivers to the front door. Guess she must have heard noise coming from the back yard. Ohh well they will be coming for me sooner or later.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
    Ohh well they will be coming for me sooner or later.
    LOL I know the feeling. Lately when I come home from work I find myself looking over my shoulder as I approach my apartment door.

Tonight there was a guy at the end of the hall walking very slowly in my direction -- I was thinking maybe he was going to ambush me with a summons since I never answer my phone calls and am hard to reach.

Turned out to be nothing, of course. But the mind plays tricks on you.

Comment

Amen to that one Blue.

I'm not at that stage yet but the first couple of weeks after I stopped paying my creditors this past July, I expected all kinds of nasty phone calls but so far all my OCs, except for Macys, who seem to have a bunch of crack-hos working their phones, have been actually easy to talk with.

In any event, at first I was on the defense, because I was so paranoid, and I was my own worst enemy until I decided to calm down and chill-ax. Someone wiser than me once said, you might not be able to control the situation but you sure can control how you (re)act to it. Situations are actually neutral. Like JFK, I try to exhibit grace under pressure when dealing with OCs and it has been working a lot better than being a beeach.

But, that being said, fear is a killer that's for sure. I like what the fundamental ministers say about fear. It's an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.

SandyShores

Comment

You know that makes me think, we filed shortly after school got out for the summer. My kids were home during the day while thier Dad and I worked. I am glad we did not wait now, it never occured to me my kids might have to deal with being served papers! Wow that would have been so weird for them (12 & 14).
        Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X