Recieved my first collection agency threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recieved my first collection agency threat

Most of my CC are less than 2 weeks past due with the exception of one credit account through GE Money Bank. They have been moving my due date around for about 6 months so my payment is late and they can collect a late fees on me. For 2 years I have always had the same due date and then all the sudden each month they have been edging it up earlier 1-2 days at a time and I did not realize that it was to late to make a on time payment.

So I have called and confronted them on this and they apologized and promised that the date would not move. Once again they moved it and I recieved a late fee. So basically I was fed up and did not pay it for June and July because other things had to be paid.

Now I recieve a letter that if I do not make a minimum, payment by 9/7 it will be sent to a collection agency. I am retaining a lawyer on 9-18 but will not be filed until 10-18 or so.

Should I pay on this? Their shady buisness practice makes me want to send them to the BBB, they did they same thing to my husbands account after 2 years also.

This is the very first step in a LONG process before they would sue you or cause you any problems.

Nothing serious will happen before you file on 10/18. Their threat is just a form letter.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Okay thanks! I am really worried about all of this as you can tell be my zillion posts. I talked to them and told them I would get back to them when I know I can make a payment and they still sent a letter. I just don't want them taking my money out of my account or something.

I may need to start paying you as my BK expert soon since you always have a answer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by adviceplease View Post
        Most of my CC are less than 2 weeks past due with the exception of one credit account through GE Money Bank. They have been moving my due date around for about 6 months so my payment is late and they can collect a late fees on me. For 2 years I have always had the same due date and then all the sudden each month they have been edging it up earlier 1-2 days at a time and I did not realize that it was to late to make a on time payment.

So I have called and confronted them on this and they apologized and promised that the date would not move. Once again they moved it and I recieved a late fee. So basically I was fed up and did not pay it for June and July because other things had to be paid.

Now I recieve a letter that if I do not make a minimum, payment by 9/7 it will be sent to a collection agency. I am retaining a lawyer on 9-18 but will not be filed until 10-18 or so.

Should I pay on this? Their shady buisness practice makes me want to send them to the BBB, they did they same thing to my husbands account after 2 years also.

I noticed this with some of my utilities. Those utilities seemed to be on a lunar calendar (13 months in a year - or to the rest of us - 1 extra month per year so as to collect an extra 8.33% more.
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

And fyi, in my opinion, the BBB is pretty much a joke!
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Ge money is quick to send to collections. Just send a DV and they go away.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X