Letter from Discover....WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter from Discover....WHAT?

So I have a Discover acount that went to collections. I sent a DV letter to the collection agency. Today, I get a letter from Discover.

"We have been made aware of your dispute. In order to assist us with our investigation, we are requesting the following information:

*Copy of your Drivers License or profressional document bearing your signature.
    * A detailed letter including any documentation to substantiate your dispute.

Interesting......don't really think I am going to respond....

Sounds as if the CA sent the account back to Discover, or the CA asked Discover for information. I wouldn't give them any more information.

By the way, I believe under the FDCPA, it is the Ca who must furnish you with DV.

I am also wondering if because of some changes in how personal information can be shared there is now some reluctance on the part of some of these big creditors to share your information with CA's.

The fact that nearly everyone of my OC's seemed to send out information to CA's who then used offshore scummy call centers, makes me feel a bit better when I couldn't make payments any longer. They literally shared personal information identifying a US citizen with foreign businesses offshore. Maybe that is perfectly legal, but I don't think so.

Everyone needs to keep calling their Senators and Congressional Reps and complain.

Comment

I think this is a side effect of red flag rules in FACTA. These DV complaints have to be treated as if the debtor is complaining of identity theft. So they have to be bounced off the OC.
      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

You have to treat them like the electronic wives of Harry Mudd.

"Now listen carefully. I'm lying".

Fries 'em.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X