List Scrub ID's Litigant Debtors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List Scrub ID's Litigant Debtors

Information Source: September/October Collection Advisor magazine.

Quick summary of the article - Collection agencies now have several sources to "scrub" their list of debtors in order to weed out litigant debtors. At this time, the following companies are scrubbing the lists:

Webrecon.com & LexisNexis. Trans Union will be offering the service soon.

A collection agency will take their lists of debtors and run them through the database at one of these companies. Litigant debtors are identified and the collection agencies DO NOT PURSUE THEM.

The companies are capturing FDCPA and FCRA lawsuits filed across the country and adding the names to their databases.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Nice.

Comment

Litigant debtors are the ones that actually appear in court and prevent default judgements?

Comment

Originally posted by I_Suck View Post
        Litigant debtors are the ones that actually appear in court and prevent default judgements?
        No. These are the ones that sue the collectors.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I think litigant debtors are those who file COUNTERCLAIMS or file direct lawsuits related to FDCPA violations. I don;t think that because one files an answer to a summons/complaint you would be put on the list.

What amazes me is that I now know several folks who have filed answers to debt related contract issues. In a few cases the plaintiff's attorney did not show up on the hearing date to set trial and plan for how the suity would proceed. I think the plaintiffs were mostly JDB's who purchased the debt.

Recently, due to friends being sued by Mann-Bracken, etc, I have had the opportunity to look at the complaints filed by their attornies. They fill pages and pages of the complaint with pages and pages of Bullsh*t. I would probably file an answer if I was sued by one of these JDB hired attorney firms.

Comment

In densely packed states like NJ and probably others like Mass, NY, they have something called the "rocket docket", they schedule the hearings so these oh-so-prolific debt collection attorneys can just come in for the day and take over the court and mow everybody down. I mean here in NJ there are something like 600k debt cases a year filed at $50 a pop. What's that, 30 million in fees a year?
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X