• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optimistic1
    replied
    Originally posted by TrailerTrash View Post
    Why can they only call from 8 to 9?
    Because its common sense and they think that it's reasonable, if they attempted to call out of that time frame like at 2am, that is grounds for harrassment, fdcpa or not. What collector is gonna pay low life scum to work 24/7, who the hell are they collecting from where all this cash is floating around. People are broke, the collection industry is hurting pretty bad with these record bk filings.

Leave a comment:

• Bell30656
    replied
    My experience with collection calls was that they would call multiple times per day only when I did not answer the calls. If I answered the calls, confirming my identity but refusing to discuss the debt I would only get one per day.

Leave a comment:

• LimpDisc
    replied
    I have learned a lot about who I will do business with again when this mess is all settled.

My crap list
    Bank of America
    Chase
    American Express
    Wells Fargo

I really liked WaMu before they were gobbled up by Chase. Unfortunately my mortgage will be stuck with Chase because of the WaMu takeover.

Leave a comment:

• BigJohn
    replied
    Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
    Well that makes sense for getting early and late calls then because bill collectors are not smart enough to reprogram the robo dialers for the parts of Arizona that are not on Daylight Savings Time.
    As far as I know, the whole State is not on Daylight Savings Time except for parts or all of the Navaho Indian Reservation.

Leave a comment:

• backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
    In Arizona, or at least in most of the State, we do not follow Daylight Savings Time so there are discrepancies in when we get called.

We always know what time it is here but not sure for therest of the country.
    Well that makes sense for getting early and late calls then because bill collectors are not smart enough to reprogram the robo dialers for the parts of Arizona that are not on Daylight Savings Time.

Leave a comment:

• BigJohn
    replied
    I like your forum nickname.

I never had anyone call me outside the hours of 8 am to 9 pm. They would push it to the limit and call me at 8:01 am or 8:59 pm, but never were they outside that. The calls are made by robo dialers that are programmed and since most states use the FDCPA guidelines as a general rule, its easier to set the machines up to start at 8am and end at 9pm. It's interesting, but I never got calls on Sundays for some reason. You would think that they would call more on Sundays, since people tend to be home....

In Arizona, or at least in most of the State, we do not follow Daylight Savings Time so there are discrepancies in when we get called.

We always know what time it is here but not sure for therest of the country.

Leave a comment:

• BigJohn
    replied
    What will really be interesting is if you get into a flame war with TrailerTrash and you "both" get a warning from the mods.

I always chuckle when a poster gets in an argument and flames himself.

Leave a comment:

• backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by BigBoy2U
    Who is this TrailerTrash guy?....rambles on and on...never shuts up...
    What will really be interesting is if you get into a flame war with TrailerTrash and you "both" get a warning from the mods.

Leave a comment:

• wantout
    replied
    I simply un plug my phone, call will go to voice mail.

Leave a comment:

• TrailerTrash
    replied
    Ya I posted over in another thread this is BigBoy2U, so your liking me wont last long....LOL....

Oh, I had FIA (BoA) call me at 6:01 am for months on end... and Citi really did call me at 10:00 one night on a Robo call.

The best call I ever got was from BoA on Christmas Eve, started with a robo call then put me on hold and on hold ...I sat on hold for 15 minutes... it was 7:00 pm PST and I knew no one was left in that office....then those SOB's even called me Christmas day again at....yes, 6:01am asking me to wait for a rep to get on the line.

This is one of those things where if I was any more mentally unstable (according to the experts here...LOL) I would have drove over to their office if they were local and probably blown the damn place up.

Does anyone at BoA realize that any inkling of remorse or any idea I ever had to repay them went out the window at that moment. This was no longer business this was personal.

Leave a comment:

• backtoschool
    replied
    Originally posted by TrailerTrash View Post
    Well the reason I asked was that 'legally' an OC can call at any hour seven days a week unless your state law specifies different. OC's are not bound by the FDCPA. In general they still follow some basic protocols (like not calling at 3:00 am) but a lot of OC's call you at 10:00 pm or 6:00 am.
    I like your forum nickname.

I never had anyone call me outside the hours of 8 am to 9 pm. They would push it to the limit and call me at 8:01 am or 8:59 pm, but never were they outside that. The calls are made by robo dialers that are programmed and since most states use the FDCPA guidelines as a general rule, its easier to set the machines up to start at 8am and end at 9pm. It's interesting, but I never got calls on Sundays for some reason. You would think that they would call more on Sundays, since people tend to be home....

Leave a comment:

• TrailerTrash
    replied
    Wait till your on the line with them talking and your call waiting beeps and it is them calling you. Had that happen a few times, I just tell the person I talking to, sorry got to go, your calling me again and I need to resolve this with you...good bye.

Leave a comment:

• TrailerTrash
    replied
    Legally, collectors can call from 8am to 9pm in your time zone.
    Well the reason I asked was that 'legally' an OC can call at any hour seven days a week unless your state law specifies different. OC's are not bound by the FDCPA. In general they still follow some basic protocols (like not calling at 3:00 am) but a lot of OC's call you at 10:00 pm or 6:00 am.

Leave a comment:

• wantout
    replied
    Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
    Wonder if the balance owed makes a difference. I owe a little over $15,000 to B of A.

Over $25,000 on this end......

Leave a comment:

• LimpDisc
    replied
    Originally posted by wantout View Post
    I have missed the last 2 payments, They have my correct home number on file, but so far not a peep.

Citi on the other hand was calling on the 8th day after my first payment was missed, they called 5 times a day, at least, I talked with them 3 times the last time I just gave them my attorneys name and number and have not heard a peep from them since.

I was hoping to file this month but now it looks like October before I have my attorney fees paid for and then file in November, he is backed up, unless I get sued, then he will push me to the top of the list.

Wonder if the balance owed makes a difference. I owe a little over $15,000 to B of A.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X