How to get info from CC companies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get info from CC companies?

Well I went online and printed out the balances of all our CC's and took it to the lawyer. We are not going to file now till the end of October because of getting the money together and checking all the final drafts.

We started telling the CC companies that we have retained and to call our lawyer and they in turn shut off all Internet and phone access to information to our account. By the time we file there is going to be another round of late fees and over the limit charges added to our accounts, so how do I get the actual amount due to give to the lawyer to file? I rather file the actual amount and not go off the last months statements because I will end up still owing to these companies even after DC if there is a balance. So how do I get the info, do they have to tell me?

I also didnt have the exact amount of some of mine.. My lawyer said just a ball park figure was fine. Hope this helps
    chpt 13 11/25/08 converted 7/7/09 to a 7. No assests and surrendered vehicles...
    9/2009 Scores 515-565 & working up from here...10/9 they havent budged yet....why does our puppy & bk lawyer have the same name...lol Discharged 10/28/09 now the real work begins

Comment

I rather file the actual amount and not go off the last months statements because I will end up still owing to these companies even after DC if there is a balance. So how do I get the info, do they have to tell me?

This isn't correct. As long as the creditor is listed, the debt is discharged. You don't need the amount to be listed down to the last penny. Your last sttaement balance is all you need.

Comment

My lawyer used a credit report pulled from each bureau on the day she filed for me to get the balances owed to each creditor.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

My lawyer only wanted ball park figures, as late fees and over limit fees were changing the balances constantly. He said that the important part was the company name and the account number. As long as they were correct, it was not important if the actual number was off.
          8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
          11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X