• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm.....found this inquiry on my Credit report today

MANN BRACKEN
    TWO IRVINGTON CENT
    702 KING FARM BLVD

not sure which card, and no letters/calls yet. Treehugger/Bigboy, I think you mentiond dealing with with them. I'll get a DV ready.

"Let the Games Begin"
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

They are a national attorney collection firm. They have "attorneys" hired in many different states. I think they used to work the arbitration rules pretty hard. Not sure where all of the arbitration suits leaves them now. I do have a friend who is currently being sued by MB.

I've never dealt with them.

Comment

From what I have read, they can be nasty.

I had collection agency/atorneys pull my credit report but received no law suit from them.

I guess you can say you are on 'notice'.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

They put 5 hard pulls on my credit reports, but never sued, just sent me a bunch of nasty form letters.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

so I did some research and the address that is listed is for a firm called Wolpoff & abramson, and it appears they were taken over by mann Bracken. so I checked Wolpoff on my court docket. only 1 case in 2007. so it says they were representing some company called Palisades Collection Bureau. so i look up Palisades CB and there are pages and pages of lawsuits. somehow these 3 are all tied togather.

either way i'll be expecting a letter from one of them.
          Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Watch out - Wolpoff & Abramson sued my hubby years ago for an AmExp card. The sherrifs came to our house at about 5AM on a Sat. to serve notice. It scared the daylights out of me since I wasn't expecting to be sued or the early sherrif visit. We ended up paying it off before the court date.

Comment

Albacore44,

I bet your going to have a stress free time within the next three months until you file huh?

Comment

Found this on my report today

LTD FINANCE
                Address:7322 SOUTHWEST FWY
                SUITE 1600
                Phone: 713-414-2100

Looks like another Ca. Haven't heard of them. Anyone ??

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X