Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long ignoring phone calls?

Hello,
    I am filing Chap 7 here shortly but I have to delay it slightly (until about December).

From the advice of my attorney, they suggested that I no longer pay unsecured credit (which I've been doing).

There is this one collection agency who is fairly persistent and calls and leaves the same message everyday. I just keep ignoring the calls and have their number blocked on every phone but work.

I'm just wondering who has just ignored collectors on the phone, and for how long? They have been driving my phone crazy, but i usually just unplug the phone and let it go strait to VM.

-------
    Converted to Chap 13 from Chap 7 Feb 28
    341 April 16...

I ignored them for about nine months before I filed. Remember, everybody's circumstances are different.
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I made my last credit card payments in 4/08 and have been ignoring the calls ever since. They dropped off drastically at about the one year point. I still get a few but some days I don't get any. I never talked to any of them.

Comment

That's what they do best, when a consumer has a hard time paying the bill, they harrass you to death with phone calls, letters, letters from law firms. At no point in time do they offer some type of assistance, they just start with harrassment right off the bat.

I answer the phone and then give them a hard time, by interrupting them mid-sentence to ask them how the weather is, or how much they get paid, then I tell them I dont have a dime to pay them, and listen to their response, then I wait for FDCPA violations.

Comment

Yah, we made our last payments 3 months ago. Living cash only ever since... It is quite liberating, however the calls are driving me nuts. I guess I just have to let it go and wait until I file...

The best calls are the ones that call every hour and never leave a message

Thanks for the responses.
          -------
          Converted to Chap 13 from Chap 7 Feb 28
          341 April 16...

Comment

Robo-Dialers never get tired. They always show up to work. They never take a day off. They never complain.

They just keep on calling, and calling, and calling, and calling until you either pay them off or bk.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I only stopped paying my CC's 4 weeks ago. So far I've had GE/Lowes call 4 times yesterday in the span of an hour and at least 3 more times in the week before. Kohls has called twice and sears has called 5 times so far. I'm not even thirty days late yet technically. My husband has an obsession with answering the phone, so this has been hard for him to not answer. When I'm not home though he answers them(he just can't resist) and tells them that he doesn't pay his wife's bills and then hangs up on them ;)
              Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
              Last day for objections 1/22/2010
              Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
              Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

GEMB/LOWES will annoy the hell out of you, they still have not sold my debt, and they insist on sending bankruptcy information about 1 time a month. I just throw their letters away now.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
                  GEMB/LOWES will annoy the hell out of you, they still have not sold my debt, and they insist on sending bankruptcy information about 1 time a month. I just throw their letters away now.
                  I've not gotten letters from them yet luckily. Just 4 stupid phone calls in one hour and then it stopped for the day. I just checked my caller id at home and apparently they've called a few more times today. My kids have been reminded to not answer the phone unless the caller id comes up with a number they are sure they know.
                  Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                  Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

The winner for me was Chase. They called 29 times one day until I turned off the phone.

Comment

Holy crap! Thank God I've got call block with comcast
                      Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
                      Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

I stopped paying over 6 months ago. I have spoke to no one and the accounts are charging off now. The only calls I'm getting right now are from Wells fargo.......good god, they even called 3 times on sunday, i bet these callers are getting double time. i need to get that job $$$
                        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

go on line and change your contact numbers to be the same number as that of the bill collecters that way they will talk each other. Be sure to report back on what happens

Comment

I am coming up on THREE YEARS of ignoring phone calls and letters.

Of course, I am broke in every sense and they can see this from my credit report.

My wife has one small judgment for 1500 or so. I have one card that is owed 60k. No suit. In fact, I don't think we have even gotten a letter from anyone on their behalf for two years.
                            11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                            12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

It a personal call on how you handle calls. Did you by chance pay your attorney and if so will they handle the calls? If so, answer, tell them you have an attorney, give his name and number and the chapter if you wish. Make sure your attorney accepts calls. Ours said send them his way before we even got a chance to ask. Once we gave that info the pretty much left us alone. We would get an occasional call, when the loan went to collections...., but they left us alone for 1 yr, 5 months when I finally gave attorney info.

I couldn't stand the phone ringing, it drove me nuts. I got real nervous when the called my cell phone while I was at work, while everyone was standing there looking at me! DH got a call at work too, that was when I took the calls at home.
                              Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X