Client Services, Inc & NCO experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Client Services, Inc & NCO experiences?

Today I received a letter from Client Services, INC. in St. Charles, MO redarding an account transferred from FIA Card Services. I think this is for Discover Card. Anyway, the letter says my account is in a "prelegal status." Is this just regular CA scare tactics?

I've also been getting calls (but no letters yet) from NCO (not sure which account this is for).

Anyone have experince with these CA? Do they tend to sue or just call and try to scare a payment out of people? I'm debating on whether I'll DV or C&D Client Services tomorrow.

funny you should post this, got that same letter today from Clien Services.It could be a new type of letter, a scare tactic. i was wondering that same thing. anyhoo, i've had both.Client services has my Citi accounts. NCO could be Cap 1. I DV'd them both and they went to sleep.
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Well if the DV worked for you, I'll follow suit.

Comment

Typical scare tactic. These morons have called me for over three years. All talk no action.
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

I received a letter from American Express this week about my account getting transferred to NCO. Today I received my first letter from NCO asking about validating the debt.
          Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
          "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Pre-legal status. That's nothing more than a scare tactic to think it's more than it is. In my opinion, every bill you have that you have not been sued on is pre-legal, meaning nothing more than legal action has not begun.

Just another little trick in the collections book to get you to think it's more than it really is.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Same as LimpDisc with AMEX and NCO.

Comment

Client Services, INC. in St. Charles, MO
                One of my accts was with them back in march 09.Called probally 20 times total.I answered once by mistake and said I stole from there client.I hung up right afterwards calls continued never spoke to em again.Then it went on to crediters finacial group after 3 or 4 months.

Comment

My definition of "prelegal status" is simple. It means they are doing everything illegal they think they can before they have to do things legally. Their tactics only work on the ignorant and that's about 90% of the population. Don't become a statistic!
                  Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Client Services actlike they mean business, but they don't.

They did hard pulls on my credit reports before they contacted me. They send demanding letters as if the world would stop, but that is about all they did. I never spoke to them on the phone. I figured it would be a waste of time.
                    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Client Services is one of just a handful of CA's who called my neighbors to try to "locate" me. What's kind of interesting is that I got the same treatment from US Bank as an OC, and they're in St Louis, I assume St Charles is in the same metro area, maybe there's some cross pollination between the two operations. In collections they have a term for calling all your neighbors, they call it a "block party". When they call your work, it's an "office party". Sheesh.
                      filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Client Services Inc, these people called a few of my relatives that I rarely speak to and my employer in order to "locate me".... all of this before I even got a letter from them. I C&D'd them without a DV because they were so aggressive and I didn't know about DV yet. They convinced me I needed to file BK.

Get on top of them right away.

Comment

I'm in postdefault status. LOL.

Actually I'm in postcaring status.
                          filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X