Bill Me Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Me Later

Anyone ever include Bill Me Later in CH7 BK?

I think this is the one creditor that will try to claim the purchases are secured. The remaining dollar amount is only $430.00 from a set of golf clubs.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
    Anyone ever include Bill Me Later in CH7 BK?

I think this is the one creditor that will try to claim the purchases are secured. The remaining dollar amount is only $430.00 from a set of golf clubs.
    I included them. I think it was around $600. I haven't heard a peep from them. I used them to buy Christmas presents last year.

Tanya
    Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
    Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
    On The Road To Rebuilding
    5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

I actually forgot about them and my attorney sent them a letter and that was the end of that. Haven't heard a word since.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Thanks. My purchase will be 5 months old at the time I file.
        Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
        "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

They can have all the broken toys back if they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Regrets View Post
            They can have all the broken toys back if they want.
            I have a barbie with a shaved head and eyes poked out. I kept it set aside just in case they asked for something back
            Went into financial rehab 8/30/09
            Celebrated legal financial sobriety 12/9/09
            On The Road To Rebuilding
            5 active accounts in good standing

Comment

Maybe it's the faulty golf clubs and not my game. Maybe I should hope they ask for them to be surrendered.

Comment

Originally posted by tanya0525 View Post
                I have a barbie with a shaved head and eyes poked out. I kept it set aside just in case they asked for something back
                OMG If my daughters saw this barbie, they would freak out. Dolls for some reason spook them.
                Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
                Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Yep, they are included in my chapter 7 case. As I understand, they can't claim it is secured because a "Purchase Money Security Interest" is only valid if the creditor is the same as the vendor. (At least that's the case in Minnesota according to what my attorney told me.) So even if they have that in their terms, it can't be enforced here.

Just looked up their terms and conditions and found this:

8. SECURITY INTEREST. You will not take any security interest to secure this Account.

It's unsecured. Don't worry.
                  Filed 10/1/2009
                  341 Meeting scheduled 11/6/2009
                  Last day for objections 1/5/2010

Comment

Hey everyone, sorry to bring up the old post, I purchased an engagment ring for my ( now ex who left ) in October, and i plan to file in feb-march and have kept up with payments but have nothing to show forth. would it be possible to include this in my BK ch 7 ? sorry to hijack the thread
                    if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

Comment

You can include it.

If you do not like the ex these days, list it as an insider transfer, and the court may track them down and take the ring back. Sweet revenge

I certainly would not make further payments on it. Wasted money if you do.
                      11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                      12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                      3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
                        You can include it.

If you do not like the ex these days, list it as an insider transfer, and the court may track them down and take the ring back. Sweet revenge
                        I SOOOO vote yes.
                        1/15/10 Filed ch7 2/18/10 314 meeting
                        2/22/10 Report of No Distribution
                        4/20/10 Discharged 5/20/10 Closed!

Comment

DMC, you are the man! Question for you though, she moved to mexico city with her family. But if i were to list it i dont want that to be looked at upon as fraud since i bought it back in october. but if i can list it as an inside transfer then yes but i dont know her address in mexico lol but that made my day thank you!
                          if you are in the san diego Area and need a great lawyer PM me !!! my lawyer did miracle's for me and has made my life better

Comment

Unless this is a 40k rock on a yacht of gold, I doubt anyone will be looking too hard.

To cause you any trouble the creditor would have to file an adversary proceeding, which starts at around 8k in upfront costs to them.

These AP filings can easily get to 20k dollars or more. Unlikely that they would pursue it.

Though it won't fall outside the 6 month window, I would include it as I said, and list it as an insider transfer. I would explain the true circumstances, that the former engagement went wrong, they left with the ring, last known address Mexico City. That will be the end of the matter, I imagine.

Either way, you won't be held responsible for such a thing.

If there was any fraud here, you are the victim, in my opinion. I think you or an attorney can spin it that way as well, if needed, in court.

One caveat here: Did you insure the ring against theft or loss? If so, the trustee will probably want a copy of the policy and appraisal. That, in itself, is not a problem. However, a creditor attacking in an AP could use this a few different ways. I do not believe any of that could hurt you, but if he/she ever came back to the country and tried to establish life or career, they could still receive a nasty surprise.

Best luck,

-dmc
                            11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                            12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

i cant tell you enough how much this helps me. thank you for the help. I didn't have the ring appraised or insured ( should've though) The AP's sound like a pain in the @ss and i would let them know all the info. and sorry ofor the ?'s if it was outside of 6 months would i need to or more likely be looked at as an AP case ? sorry i will admit since it all went downhill ive been kinda depressed and just want to get my new start and new life on the road. thanks again for everything

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X