Out of Time??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of Time??

Bummer....looks like one of my OC's is getting ready to file suit. The OC is Target. They have hired a local law firm and the firm sent me "the letter" to respond within 30-days to dispute...blah...blah...blah... I have not been served any papers but I'm thinking now would be a good time to file to save the trouble and expense of trying to vacate a judgment down the road. What do you guys think? Only reason I am waiting is to see how the median income adjusts at the end of the month and to save a bit more cash.

At this time, you have plenty of time. First 30 days, then they must dunn you a bit more and then a summons, 30 or so more days, then you can go (you MUST go) and answer, but you might request a full accounting, that may cost them some time, but even then, you may have time for a trial if you insist or other mediation attempt. Point is, you got time. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I am still learning about this whole process so do I send a DV letter to the law firm just as I did with the CA's?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob517 View Post
        Thank you for the quick response. I am still learning about this whole process so do I send a DV letter to the law firm just as I did with the CA's?
        I would just ignore them at this time. Unless they harass you, you wish to hear from what is going to be or may be. No letter. Just wait and see. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

K...thanks

Comment

yeah, i got one too from a local law firm on a $900 mervyns bill. I sent them a DV, have not heard back yet. you got time. just put your BK plan together, and be ready to launch before they sue you in court. if they file against you then their out $200 or so bucks.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
              yeah, i got one too from a local law firm on a $900 mervyns bill. I sent them a DV, have not heard back yet. you got time. just put your BK plan together, and be ready to launch before they sue you in court. if they file against you then their out $200 or so bucks.
              Yep Ive got my paperwork in order just waiting for the attorney to do his part. Looking forward to getting it over with really. I want to move on with my life and take advantage of my fresh start. Thanks to all.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X