Well its been 13 months since I've paid my cc's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well its been 13 months since I've paid my cc's

Never answer the phone and have not talked to one collector. Just got a call from Advanta ( who I owe a whopping 500? to).
    They said they have issued a background check and asset search. Then a possible lawsuit
    I'm assuming either this is normal or they are bluffing. Haven't gotten this from the cc's that I owe alot of money too...
    Should I worry?
    Haven't started the filing process yet but plan to soon..I've just spent some of my retaining money recently that I socked away in a drawer..now I need to replace it.
    Also just moved from a 2 bedroom apt to a studio and I'm still up to my eyeballs in boxes...
    Life is certainly a challenge.

BTW for those of you that remember my posts about my little dog Gabby having cancer...she passed away Sept. 2nd..and I'm still in morning.. Life sucks

So very sorry about your friend Gabby.

It seems you have been busy lately, with the move and all. Cutting back your expenses like that will help you in the long run. Hopefully you can replace that money and get filed soon.

I wish you peace.
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Thanks you all for your condolences

Yea it is funny that I was worried..but I wasn't sure what an asset search meant and if that was the beginning of what they do before a suit. I have Mexico property but the U.S. doesn't even know about that so the only thing that will show up is my 2001 CRV.
      I'm sure your right about the CA or JDB. Thanks for letting me know what an asset search really is..

Comment

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
        Yea it is funny that I was worried..but I wasn't sure what an asset search meant and if that was the beginning of what they do before a suit. I have Mexico property but the U.S. doesn't even know about that so the only thing that will show up is my 2001 CRV.
        I'm sure your right about the CA or JDB. Thanks for letting me know what an asset search really is..
        Interesting...........thats why they keep hitting our credit reports.well i hope the look at my wifes real good........about a dozen defaulted CC's nothing else. all the secured items are in my name
        Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

When they "threatened" an asset search, I use to tell them, "If you find any, let me know!"

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
            when they "threatened" an asset search, i use to tell them, "if you find any, let me know!"
            lol!!!!
            Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
            Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

treehugger1 .... I love that !!! They always catch me off guard and cant think fast enough to have a come back as great as that..

ready2puke: So sorry about the loss of your Gabby. Been there ,done that and its a real heartbreaker...
              Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
              Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
              Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Tree that was so freakin' funny. It didn't much sense to me that Advanta or their flunkies would spend money on an "asset search" when I only owe them maybe 500.00
                klandsb..thanks so much that makes BK feel like a picnic...For me its the worse thing that can happen to me and it did.. I told one of my skincare clients that if I lost my business that I've had for 28 years I don't care much..Losing Gabby makes everything else look insignificant.

Comment

You must not had a crap 1 card. All of my creditors with the higher balances than crap 1 have not sued me yet and its been 11 months since I stopped paying on the cards. Crap 1 got their worthless judgment. All my other creditors must of pulled my credit report and saw BK flashing. Crap 1 is under some illusion they will see a dime from me.

Originally posted by ready2puke View Post
                  Never answer the phone and have not talked to one collector. Just got a call from Advanta ( who I owe a whopping 500? to).
                  They said they have issued a background check and asset search. Then a possible lawsuit
                  I'm assuming either this is normal or they are bluffing. Haven't gotten this from the cc's that I owe alot of money too...
                  Should I worry?
                  Haven't started the filing process yet but plan to soon..I've just spent some of my retaining money recently that I socked away in a drawer..now I need to replace it.
                  Also just moved from a 2 bedroom apt to a studio and I'm still up to my eyeballs in boxes...
                  Life is certainly a challenge.

BTW for those of you that remember my posts about my little dog Gabby having cancer...she passed away Sept. 2nd..and I'm still in morning.. Life sucks

Comment

This could be an important thread for some. I have over 3 crap1 accounts and they have run the distance from national CA's to in-state collection attorneys. In what state were you sued? What are your small claim's limits, etc. Crap1 got a judgment, but what are your circumstances, and what state do you reside in? Crap1 is not known for suits, but there must be some situation that helped them make their decision to sue you and go fo the judgment. Please provide members of this board with the details: amount of debt, the state C1 sued in, did you file an answer, was this small claims, etc. I await your reply.

Comment

This could be an important thread for some. I have over 3 crap1 accounts and they have run the distance from national CA's to in-state collection attorneys. In what state were you sued? What are your small claim's limits, etc. Crap1 got a judgment, but what are your circumstances, and what state do you reside in? Crap1 is not known for suits, but there must be some situation that helped them make their decision to sue you and go fo the judgment. Please provide members of this board with the details: amount of debt, the state C1 sued in, did you file an answer, was this small claims, etc. I await your reply.
                      My docket is loaded with Crap 1 suits. They farm it out to several Law firms in San Diego county, then they file here in Riverside. varying amounts, and most go to default judgement from the clerk. i did notice if someone files an answer, the firms seem to no show. probably not worth their time spending 4-5 hours on the road. i think they just go after the low hanging fruit
                      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

I reside in MN. Have no job and in the foreclosure process. My condo was suppose to be on the auction block this week, but has been postponed until Jan. My folks help out with keeping the utiliies on etc. There is nothing that Crap 1 can take. My other creditors must know this since they most likely looked at my credit report. I get friendly offers from them with no threats of law suits yet.

My last balance was around $4900 $5100(need to dig up the last statement) and just received a judgment letter from the Court today indicating I owe $7700 now and the interest is accruing.

I did not answer the summons considering I owe the debt. For me, it was wise not answer and give them info by accident. I have closed my checking account that I used to pay my creditors. I have move my excess cash to pay pal to spread the risk around.

Comment

Sorry about your dog.

As to asset searches, it's easy to find out if you have ownership of real estate and motor vehicles. Other than that, it's really hard to find and prove ownership of assets.

You want that big screen tv in my house? Sorry, it belongs to my daughter. You want the 4-wheeler? Sorry, it belongs to my son. In order for the to go after assets, they must know what they're going after, and must be able to prove it.

All I need is for a lawman to show up at our place wanting to seize assets. I don't own jack, and if they try to seize anything, they're going to end up on the wrong side of the law.

And... if they do find the real estate that I own, so be it. Let them place a lien on it. I'm giving it all back to the bank anyway, and bk will take care of any judgements or liens.

And another and... if they try to garnish me, I'm just going to take a pay cut to get under the garnishment limits.

Try all they want, spend all they money they want, they may get a piece of paperwork on me, but they're not getting any money.

My credit report is trashed already, so who cares about that anymore? Not me.

Good luck to you!
                          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks to those of you who commented on the multitude of suits in your area by C1. I probably need to go down to my courthouse and see how busy C1 is in this county. I suppose the reason they have left me alone is that I alerady have judgments, collections, etc showing on my cerdit report, and all my bnational CC's charged off months ago. It's probably only a matter of time before I get a summons.

Comment

You know, this is funny, but Cap1 has been one of my nicest creditors so far. I told them quite a while back that I was planning to file BK at some point but didn't have a lawyer and they really believed me, haven't heard a peep from them since.

My lawsuit count just ticked up to 9, with GE Money Bank filing suit against me, desperate to protect their place in line behind the other creditors.

I sincerely believe Chase is the new Capital One, and Citibank is just like a swaggering drunk trying to find where all its money has gone. (No disrespect meant to drunks).
                              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X