Another Chase story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Chase story

Chase called me tonight after I have spoken with them for over 2 months about a lower payment to stay current and responding to their balance liquidation program. Long story short, they would not allow the offer because I was working to Mod my home loan at the same time. Chase told me to contact them once the mod went through for further consideration. Well the Mod is still pending which will save me a couple of thousand a month. Chase "collections" called me tonight and stated that they were going to refer me to their attorney in my area to issue me a summons, get judgement, wage garnishment, etc. (not quite 60days late is it, never before a late in over 14yrs) I asked if they had the notes from thier own (2) employees on what they had told me...of course not, and they could not see them as that is a seperate dept Their first offer was to pay the entire balance because they were accelerating (25k), next offer was a one time 3.5k pmt, next was 1.1k for 4 months, and last was a lump sum 16k pmt.

I stated none of these would work but I could probably afford 4-500 a month with an immediate payment...they said no, they would go through with lawsuit and explained their options and how great of a customer I was for all these years. I said great, well then why would you not want to work with your "great customer" for a satisfactory resolution to help me get back on track and for you to keep reasonable payments coming in?.... Chase stated that they had no other offers asked if I could borrow from 401k family, etc? I said no and that I had been proactive in working with them, followed their advise and that they don't seem to want to get paid anything...they asked what I meant? I asked if they were aware of how unsecured creditors are treated in BK court and what they might get in that scenario...she stated that was certainly a consumer option but that if I didn't work something out with them in 20 days they would go through with suit, etc.....

I have never been in a situation remotly close to this...but I find hard to believe they are playing this hard of ball at ~60days. Do you all think this is for real or a scare tactic? It definately was Chase collections not a 3rd party.

Scare tactics.

Sounds like you had a pit bull on the phone.

Is your home mortgage with them also?
    Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

Bs

They just can't issue a judgement. If you get served with a summons, make sure you go to the courthouse and file and ANSWER. This means they will have to send (and pay) for an attorney to show up at a court hearing. They may drop it.

These collections agents will say and do anything to get you to pay right now.
      Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
      Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
      Case went without a hitch!
      I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn View Post
        Scare tactics.

Sounds like you had a pit bull on the phone.

Is your home mortgage with them also?
        NO nothing else with them.

Comment

Originally posted by calgirl67 View Post
          These collections agents will say and do anything to get you to pay right now.
          Yes they will...it's kind of comical to talk with them in a way..mine had me on speaker phone to start (probably as training to other collections people) and when I started to very "politely" school her....she took me off speaker after collecting herself. I was totally nice and respectful though...

Comment

What an absolute joke...60 days and a lawsuit? Please...
            Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

I got served with papers after 5 months of not making payments. Maybe they are being more aggressive? I owe them 8,000.

Comment

Originally posted by daytona View Post
                I stated none of these would work but I could probably afford 4-500 a month with an immediate payment...they said no, they would go through with lawsuit
                It is this crap that makes me sooo angry with these companies.

There are folks out there defaulting with minimums much less than 4-500 a month. You want to pay, you offer to pay. Seriously, why is Collections wasting their time, threats & lawyers on you? Why not just say "OK, 500 a month for a year and then we'll talk." and then move on to the guy that just doesn't want to pay.

At least they would still be getting something and in a year you may be back on your feet and able to make their minimums. Instead they try to back you into a corner and force you to BK...and then they get nothing.

If not already, the account will probably be closed soon, so it is not like they are going to get any future business out of you. Makes no sense, no sense at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snickers View Post
                  At least they would still be getting something and in a year you may be back on your feet and able to make their minimums. Instead they try to back you into a corner and force you to BK...and then they get nothing.
                  I almost think some of these banks would rather debtors file a BK so they can take the lumps now vs potentially later for some reason...UR right though, the tactics don't make any sense at all...and the bank execs can't understand why they get drug to capital hill, get crusified in the media, etc. It's like they have no idea what the left hand is doing vs the right hand....

Comment

The truth is that these CC companies wouldn't do what they do if there was not some upside to it all. I'm not taking their side, but always asume the worst and live with the best.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X