safe banking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

safe banking

now that ive been served with a suit, i need to think about protecting my bank account from being frozen, even though its disability funds...
    i understand that money cant be taken from my bank until there is a judgement, but i would hate to learn the hard way...

what is the safest way to pay my bills via money orders? surely there has to be a better safe way..

i keep hearing about getting a walmart debit card, if so, can you check balances online?

if i just change banks, wont the plaintif find out about it thru a debtors exam?
    any ideas?
    "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Originally posted by floridian View Post
    if i just change banks, wont the plaintif find out about it thru a debtors exam?
    Quite possibly.

any ideas?
    Do you have a VERY trusted friend or relative who could open up an account for you in their name?

Another idea, of course, is to file bankruptcy and discharge whatever debt it is that they are pursuing.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I don't believe judgments can cross state lines (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Are you anywhere near a state line? You could open an account in another state.

Comment

Judgments can cross state lines. They merely have to be "domesticated" a pretty simple court proceeding in most states.

Comment

Have a relative open a Wal Mart debit card in their name and put you down for a courtesy card which does not require a SS number.

Problem solved.

Originally posted by floridian View Post
          now that ive been served with a suit, i need to think about protecting my bank account from being frozen, even though its disability funds...
          i understand that money cant be taken from my bank until there is a judgement, but i would hate to learn the hard way...

what is the safest way to pay my bills via money orders? surely there has to be a better safe way..

i keep hearing about getting a walmart debit card, if so, can you check balances online?

any ideas?

Comment

even though a debtor exam could force you to tell where you keep your money such as a walmart or netspend acct...they cant FORCE you to turn the money over in a debtor exam ...in other words....if you tell them you use a pre paid acct...big deal...when you are finished with the debtor exam open another prepaid acct..and close the one you told them you have...what they want to know about your bank...is so they can seize the money in it..there are plenty of pre paid cards that allow direct deposit and you can pay bills with....i use netspend...and you can check your balance on line....debor exams are toooo overrated....if you are careful with your answers...

Comment

how about straight up cash in your secure safe in the closet of your house? whats anyone ever gonna know about that if you dont tell them?
              Filed 7/14/11....341 date is 8/23/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X