Voluntary Repo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voluntary Repo

I have a Ford pickup that was used for my business before we shut it down. I am now a couple payments behind and have been trying to sell it but no bites. Since I will most likely be letting all the rest of my accounts go shortly credit will be shot anyway. I plan to call up Ford and let them know they can have the truck back. I know they will sell it at a loss and try to collect from me, by then it's likely I will have filed Ch7 anyway.

Anything about the voluntary repo process I should know about before I call them?

years ago i also requested a voluntary repo on a porsche i had..with b of a...i called them they sent a truck and i had no problems..especially since you will be filing bk...as i did in when i lived in southern ca..shouldnt be any problem..as you know though...if you dont file they will try and collect the difference...and they really dont care what it sells for at auction...

Comment

when i first started to file a chap 7, my lawyer told me to turn in my harley davidson to the credit union... i called them and made arrangements to deliver it to them.. i delivered it to their front door in like new condition and took a taxi home...

now the bastards are suing me and charging me 700 bucks for the repo, that they didnt do... they said it was for the paper work involved..

i should have made them come get it..
      "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

voluntary repo

I just gave back a 2003 Cadillac Deville to Wachovia Dealer Services. I owe a bit over $14,000 on the car. They just sold it at auction for $1,000! They told me that they wouldn't sell it unless they got a fair price. lol. Also, they filed a claim against my insurance for some minor scratches on the car, my insurance rep says they often do this. (I would take pictures before you turn it in.) I think that my insurance company is going to pay them $700 for the damage, even though the car has already been sold. I did talk to WDS yesterday, and they seemed interested in taking a settlement of $2,000. I still haven't decided if I should try to settle or continue with the bankruptcy.

Anyway, good luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X