Collection calls and bank account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collection calls and bank account

I have a few companies where in the past I have used my checking account to pay on the phone...Can they go and use that checking account information to pay themselves without my consent...

Are these open accounts? If not, no. If so, close them. They cannot legally, but do you have the money to fight an illegal attempt?

Legally if you already have been sued, they can get a writ of attachment and take your money and other stuff.

More info as this is unclear. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

if you used their bill pay service..you should be alright...BUT if you gave your checking info to the creditors then definitely close the accts...i made a one time payment to a creditor through wachovia giving them my checking number ...next month they automatically took a payment... I hassled with wachovia to no avail...they basically said if you give your checking and personal info to someone...it is ASSUMED that it could be a recurring payment...and they wouldnt help at all. the asst. manager told me to ALWAYS use bill pay service from banks...as they dont use your personal info when paying the bills..... to make it worse..... i had suspected they MIGHT do this and drained my acct...wachovia paid it anyway and i was dunned 110 bucks PLUS 35 nsf....needless to say i closed acct and let wachovia pay it.....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X