Account Verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Account Verification

KPMB LLC c/o Citigroup sent me a letter today. Apparently they want me to verify my balance as of a certain date. I am current on all payments to creditors; should I be worried?
    $160k Unsecured; Way Over Median
    Filed CH 7: 7/28/10; 341 Meeting: 9/7/10 (Was A Breeze)
    Dishcarged: 11/9/10; Case Closed: 12/2/10

That seems kind of strange. I googled them (http://www.kpmg.com/) and they really aren't a collection agency. More like some type of corporate auditing/analysis firm.

I wonder if it is some type of internal Citigroup audit and your account was one of the random hits.

Look around on the letter...response is probably voluntary or see if there is a phone number and give them a call and ask what this is about.

In any case, personally, I wouldn't respond unless I knew it would hasten the downfall of Citi.

Comment

KPMB? or KPMG?
      Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Whoops...he said KPMB. That is even weirder because it is a Mechanical Contractor somewhere in NH.

Comment

Chances are that nothing they ask you to do is for your benefit, rather theirs. I'd be very hesitant.
          Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by snickers View Post
            in any case, personally, i wouldn't respond unless i knew it would hasten the downfall of citi.
            You think they could take Goldman Sachs along with them too?
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X