Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeadManCrawling
    replied
    I've received calls ffrom creditors for neighbors.

Told em to go to hell. I won't help a creditor add to someone's embarassment or misery. This should be illegal, really. To avoid it, answer the phone or respond via letter to inform them that they have the correct person. No more than that is necessary. The point is you have to inform them they have correct contact information. Then, they won't be calling neighbors, friends, etc. Well, some. Others will ignore it and keep on calling, mostly to cause you embarrassment.

Leave a comment:

• HOMEBODY
    replied
    wow..the nerve of that creditor. That is pure harrassment. You should call them and tell them you are filing BK and have the name of the lawyer or service you are using and they will confirm that and leave you alone. Oh...that is so intrusive and embarrassing, sorry you went through that..never heard of that happening. Once you filed, give them a call and GIVE THEM THE BK NUMBER OF YOUR FILING..what a relief that would be for me.

Leave a comment:

• marie
    started a topic creditor called next door neighbour !

creditor called next door neighbour !

I had a knock on the door at 9:45 pm... and it was my next door neighbour, with a message to call a number.

I presume it was a creditor... I was very embarrassed.

what can I do to stop this from happening again before I am able to file ?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X