BoA 150 Days + offering 30% now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoA 150 Days + offering 30% now

Just got off the phone w/ BoA at the 150+ day. He told me "sir, there's no way we are doing 15%". I was pretty straight forward with him, and told him I wasn't going to do anything above 15%. He wants me to settle $48k for $15k about 31%. Last week at the 120day office they had offered me 25%.

I told him you can either have 15% or 0%. To which he answered "We are already taking a huge loss, why would we settle for 15%. I'm just going to have your account written off to an attorney". To which I answered, "Sounds good. You've got my number if you change your mind".

Those of you who have settled for <15% Is this normal? Will he call again and offer the 15%?

They will call again before charge off and offer 25%. You will have to convince them that taking your offer is in their best interest. They need to believe you will file bk. Good luck.

Comment

Do they want cash to settle or will they take payments over a period of time?

Comment

They want the settlement paid within 90 days

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
          Do they want cash to settle or will they take payments over a period of time?
          In some cases they would want a lump sum payment for the settlement, but may accept several months of payments--depending on the creditor and or the CA
          Chapter 13 filer since Feb. 2018 under a 60 months payment plan
          Please think positive and do not give up!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheeseater View Post
            They will call again before charge off and offer 25%. You will have to convince them that taking your offer is in their best interest. They need to believe you will file bk. Good luck.
            Well I can't do 25%, so I can only accept 15%. The tax implications itself will make it a total of 25% anyway.

Does anyone know how much they get for the debt when they charge it off? I mean, wouldn't it make sense to take my 15% offer instead of 0% when I file?

Comment

If you are really filing, why pay them anything?

Are you doing this to not file?
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                If you are really filing, why pay them anything?

Are you doing this to not file?
                Yes, of course. I would prefer to settle with them and not file as they are pretty much my only creditor. I am still able to make payments on the rest of my debts. At 15% I'd be willing to settle as I'm insolvent according to IRS guidelines so the tax implications are not an issue. However, I only have about $7k which is about 15%. They want me to come up with about $14k which is impossible for me.

Just looking at it from their POV I don't understand why they wouldn't take the 15%. If I had a business and I knew I was going to get $0 on a receivable I would rather get $7,000 instead of $0. That is, unless I am not aware of something? Are these banks able to sell the debt for more than 15 cents on the dollar?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X