Question about Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Chase

I owe Chase about 10k. I stopped paying in June. I answered the phone today for the first time. The lady was very nice, and said that they see that I never missed a payment before that, and that they understand and want to work something out. They offered either a settlement or a payment plan. She also said they had filed a complaint back in November, and that she doesn't know why I wasn't served yet. She said that is probably because sheriff is backlogged and they haven't gotten to me yet. Then she said that when I do get served that I can call them and make some arrangements to stop the lawsuit. I am planning on filing bankruptcy in february or march after tax refund. What do I do if I get served? They want $195 to stop it. Do I pay that to stop the lawsuit or what? Confused.
    Filed 03/12/2010
    341 Meeting 4/23/2010
    Discharged and closed 6/23/2010

You said in another thread that you husband got a new job.
    You should carefully map out your incomes month by month over the past six months and into the future to figure the lowest 6 month period to file.
    You did what many people wanted to do, let their old house go into foreclosure and buy a new one. Not on purpose, but it works out that way.
    As for Chase, I wouldn't pay them a nickel until they had a judgment against me. However you might investigate whether a lawsuit was served against you at the other house. Is it in the same county? You may want to call or visit the court clerk.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I am checking on clerk of court daily. In my county you can do it online. They have not yet issued a summons. I doubt they will go to the other house, they all know where I live. But I will continue to check.
      I know what you are saying about the house. It was not on purpose, and looking back I made a huge mistake letting my ex stay there. It kind of worked out with me buying a new house, because I got a great deal on it and my mortgage (with taxes and insurance) is lower then rent for a 2 bedroom apartment anywhere. So I really would like to stay here, it just makes sense. I never imagined I would find myself in this situation. It's amazing how you can go from one end of the spectrum to the other in such a short period of time.
      Filed 03/12/2010
      341 Meeting 4/23/2010
      Discharged and closed 6/23/2010

Comment

Originally posted by FLBroke View Post
        It's amazing how you can go from one end of the spectrum to the other in such a short period of time.
        Boy do I hear you on that one!
        Attorney Retained/Paid: 1-4-10
        Online CCC-Completed & Cert Received: 1-8-10
        Filed Chapter 7 1-18-10.
        341 3-10-10 ~~~ Last Day to Object: 5-10-10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X