P O Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P O Box

Hello, As some of you know I'm close to placing Mom in a nursing home. I found one that I like that has a alzheimers wing. It is about 90 miles from where we live now. I also found a private rv spot cheap,close to the nursing home. So my thought is to take my trailer and rent the rv lot so I can be close to mom. I would also try and find a job in that area.

My question is if I get a PO box in that area,would the creditors send everything there? I know that they use ups and fedex too,so where would they send it that way? Do you think they would still attempt contact at my home? Do you think they would contact neighbors there? If they sue how and where would they try and serve me?

Thanks for your help.

UPS and FedX won't deliver to a USPS PO box. You might want to consider a private mail box instead that can receive all of your info.

And the collectors will send it to you wherever you want it sent.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Theres no private boxes in that area,it is a small rural town.

So do you think they would send ups and fedex to my home if they had a new address at a po box? Or would they not send them that way?

Do you know how and where they would try and serve me when they sue?

Comment

As Frogger said, they won't deliver or normally accept anything addressed to a P.O. Box. Perhaps your RV place would accept your mail.

I think your concern is privacy, but most of the time summons are served by bailiffs. (Sheriff Deputies) If you have a lawyer he accepts your service. Are you concerned about a suit from a creditor? As you probably know, the automatic stay once filed, will stop all suits in progress, or to begin. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I won't be filing bk anytime soon.I just stopped paying the cc's. The rv site is on private property,and I do not know the people that own it. They already said they do not allow mail at that address.I really don't care if I receive anything from ups or fedex,I just wanted to know if they would still attempt delivery to my home address if I gave a change of address to a po box.

I'm in ohio and it looks like they use the sheriff to serve. And I wanted to know if you thought they would attempt to serve me at my home address if I had a change of address with the creditors to my po box near where I will be staying.

Comment

Originally posted by stressedout2 View Post
            I won't be filing bk anytime soon.I just stopped paying the cc's. The rv site is on private property,and I do not know the people that own it. They already said they do not allow mail at that address.I really don't care if I receive anything from ups or fedex,I just wanted to know if they would still attempt delivery to my home address if I gave a change of address to a po box.

I'm in ohio and it looks like they use the sheriff to serve. And I wanted to know if you thought they would attempt to serve me at my home address if I had a change of address with the creditors to my po box near where I will be staying.
            Why advice the CC's of a change of address? Also, if you are not at home and temporary in your camper, it is the servers problem to find you. You are under NO obligation to help them. Purposeful avoidance is illegal, but you no not have to lift a finger even to answer a door knock. If you know it is a bailiff, then not answer that is different. So, don't look out the window. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I get a lot of mail,about 1/2 for mom sometimes as much as 40 pieces a day,so I will have to put in a change of address. Not trying to avoid anybody,just want to try and stay on top of this. And I really don't want my neighbors at my house to be annoyed by the mail man blowing the horn with certified letters. The house will be put up for sale as is,probably won't sell as it will need a lot of work. I'm going to try and stay current on the mortgage in hoping it will sell.

Comment

Okay, I am a little confused as well. I use a PO box myself and that is where all my bills come. Will my creditors stop sending to my PO box? If they do then I need to get a home mail box as well because I don't have one here and I don't want this stuff going to the neighbors mail box. Stressed out hope it was okay to use this thread to ask a question like this rather than start another one. If not please let me know so I know what is acceptable and what isn't. I am new to the board. Thanks!

P.S. Sorry to hear about your mom.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X