Took call from BoA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took call from BoA

I think I eff-ed up though. Unfortunately I took a call and they have my employment info and only some of my financial...I left out a chunk of it. I am not as worried since I am in TX and both wages and VA income are exempt here...I could get out of my bank if need be since my employer went to the pay card system as an alternative to direct deposit. I gave them some info because I wanted to see if I could get a better offer....of course they want their money and I figured if they want it bad enough, they would bend. Alas, the payment for their 5 year/4 percent APR plan is only about 50 dollars less than I paid before. I said I would have to think since that was still completely out of reach at this time. I poo-poohed the DMP they suggested...said I was researching lawyers for BK and would rather do that than give money to an unknown with no guarantee that the cards would ever get paid. Told them I could not pay at this time.

Probably a stupid move to give them anything in retrospect but the damage there is done. I did not let them onto my VA payments which are federally exempt.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Can't blame you for being hopeful that another human being might actually care and help you out, especially at this time of year.

Just chalk this up as a lesson learned.

Meanwhile, the bankers are preparing to take home their bonus checks filled with tax dollars. Sickening.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Yeah I know (facepalm). Was prepared to give 100 a month. I could do that. They would not buy off on it and I would not commit to anything by phone.

I also took the call so they know that it is a legit number (my disposable cell phone bought for that purpose) and maybe they won't hound anyone else. I told them that rent and insurance went up while everything else went down. I figure at least talking to them may buy a week of silence lol. It also is a lesson with what NOT to do with GE Money.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Curses, my theory failed. BoA called again today; was not available to take the call.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
          I think I eff-ed up though. .... I poo-poohed the DMP they suggested...said I was researching lawyers for BK and would rather do that than give money to an unknown with no guarantee that the cards would ever get paid. Told them I could not pay at this time.
          Hey fb...thanks for the update. Did the rep respond in any way when you first mentioned "researching BK"?? I'm still on the fence about that, altho many folks here think it could trigger a quick lawsuit...to me the flip side of the argument is that they may decide sooner than later that you/we are not going to be worth their trouble? e.g. a bloodless turnip...

Comment

I actually agree with the masses here; I think saying you are filing WILL trigger a fast lawsuit.

In my case, they wanted me to give money to a debt management plan they work with. I actually said something to the point of a DMP being the same thing as a BK in the eyes of future lenders and they tried to tell me debt management is not a negative on a credit report. I said it most certainly is; most people who do a DMP or consolidation that is not a loan are reported as not paying as agreed. That is, if the other lenders buy off on it. Many will not. Plus you have to trust some unknown entity with your money; you could pay thousands only to line the pocket of some DMP company and your CCs get little if any. If a company is not willing to work one on one, I am not playing. I said that if I was going that route I may as well file CH 13.

They are still calling nonstop from different states; I guess they made no notes in my file. I turned off the ringer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X