Settlement offer from Citi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement offer from Citi

Stopped paying everyone about 60 days ago and mostly been ignoring the calls. Got an offer from Citi today. $10k with no interest on a $16k balance. Decent offer I guess but useless since we are going to file in early 2010.

Originally posted by ToughSpot View Post
    Stopped paying everyone about 60 days ago and mostly been ignoring the calls. Got an offer from Citi today. $10k with no interest on a $16k balance. Decent offer I guess but useless since we are going to file in early 2010.
    got quite a few of those from Citi. if you wait a few months longer to file eventually your account will end up with Hunt and Henriques
    Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

That seems like a great offer to me. I wonder if I can get the same kind of deal? I owe a little over $10k. The thing is I don't have any money coming in to even take an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by ToughSpot View Post
        Looks like you're going for the 0% plan. Good luck!
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

$10k with no interest on a $16k balance.
          Did you have to pay that in one large sum? Do you think they are willing to negotiate lower? Was this with a collection agency or directly through Citi?

I have a few accounts with them and I'm trying to hold off on BK. I don't really have a lot to settle with, but I would like to try to settle rather than BK, but might have to just do the BK.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrissyF View Post
            Did you have to pay that in one large sum? Do you think they are willing to negotiate lower? Was this with a collection agency or directly through Citi?

I have a few accounts with them and I'm trying to hold off on BK. I don't really have a lot to settle with, but I would like to try to settle rather than BK, but might have to just do the BK.
            Good question and I would like to know the answer as well!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrissyF View Post

If you have little $$ to settle, best just plan to file BK and be done with it. I thought about settling too in Aug 2008 before i was willing to admit the depth of my problems. sit back, have a drink, take a long look in the mirror, admit it, then read, read,read this forum. then make your plan and execute.
              Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X