GC Services for AMEX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC Services for AMEX

I had a phone call from them tonight, the first phone call from them was last tuesday. This is the woman that said she was hired by amex to assist in collecting the money. She tried to go fishing on the first phone call etc... I said I couldn't do anything and wouldn't know for a few weeks if I could at all. (A side note I received a letter from AMEX the other day, stating they hoped we could resolve this and hopefully I can make a payment by 02/10/10)

So she called my cell phone tonight, it came up local cell # (they are in Jacksonville, FL, but have satellite offices, I am told), and said is this Mrs XYZ, I said yes she said this is GC services, and said did you make plans to resolve this, I told her I couldn't talk right now, she said I had better call her before noon tomorrow or she is going to submit it as a refusal to pay, I said what are you talking about, she said she only has two options either a payment or a refusal, and the choice is mine by noon tomorrow. I said bye. Is she kidding me, this I assume is a bullying tactic, should I call her tomorrow and tell her I have this letter from amex? Do I just dodge her calls and hope they don't bring a lawsuit too soon? Any advice as always is more than appreciated !!!!!

p.s. thanks to everyone!!! this site is helping me more than I could have ever imagined!!!!

bump....

Comment

She's bullying you. AMEX is pretty notorious for that. They tried similar tactics with me - I haven't paid them in 11 months and haven't heard from them in quite a while.

Comment

I got GC on my home phone...for someone else. They leave very ominous sounding messages that are prerecorded...and neither the name nor the address is me. However it said if it is not me to hang up, while staying on the line implies that I am this person...but it was a VM.

I hear AMEX is notorious for bullying and for blackballing you once you default.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
          she said she only has two options either a payment or a refusal, and the choice is mine by noon tomorrow. !
          Amusing.

There is not a "check box" in her software stating that you paid or refused to pay. The entire time you and she were talking, she was writing notes on your file. Nothing more, nothing less. That collector is just wanting to meet her quota and get her commission, like all of them do.

This is why you don't talk to collectors unless you want to pay them or have fun with them. Everything detail that can be used to collect from you will be placed in those notes in order that whoever calls you next will have the info.

So now....... it's noon. What's she going to do? Come and shoot you or something?

Collectors have a script. They have a routine. They do this every day, all day long.

You don't. Never forget that. Let the calls go to voice mail.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

They are slime!! They called me at work saying I owed for my husband's AMEX card that he's behind on. I am not on the account anywhere. They got very nasty, I told them to never call my work again and he told he'd call where ever he wanted, whenever he pleased. Called back the next week, I again informed him that I am not on that account and that I had verified that fact w/ AMEX and offered to get AMEX on the phone and he hung up on me.
            If you think no one cares about you try missing a couple of payments.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X