answering calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

answering calls

At this point they are all getting a little nasty, most of the accounts are still with OC's. I know CA are coming soon, is it really necessary or advantagious to even keep talking to them, they know where I live they have the right number and to be honest at this point is it really worth getting myself upset. I am really referring to Ge money bank (lowes account) she kind of went off the deep end this morning on me! and I am thinking why am I even talking to her, except to stop the phone from ringing. I will answer again when they make it to the CA so they can verify it is me and not call around trying to find me, but this is just getting me upset. I told her I wouldn't know anything for the next few weeks and she said you keep saying that, and it is not getting the account paid and I said, thats all I can offer right now and she said blah blah blah!!! LOL!!!

Next time she calls verify who you are then ask her if she is satisfied she has reached the correct person. When she says that she is, then you tell her; "At this point I am not willing to discuss my financial situation over the telephone with you. Have a good day, ma'am." followed by a click.

It feels so good to be in control... Sorry, I'm a control freak according to my two ex-wives.

My favorite call is when the collector insists this must be taken care of by 5:00 today. I get all excited and demand to know what happens at 5:01? Do you turn into a pumpkin? Can you call me back at 4:59 so we can count it down together?

Comment

[QUOTE=Bell30656;362764]Next time she calls verify who you are then ask her if she is satisfied she has reached the correct person. When she says that she is, then you tell her; "At this point I am not willing to discuss my financial situation over the telephone with you. Have a good day, ma'am." followed by a click.

It feels so good to be in control... Sorry, I'm a control freak according to my two ex-wives.

My favorite call is when the collector insists this must be taken care of by 5:00 today. I get all excited and demand to know what happens at 5:01? Do you turn into a pumpkin? Can you call me back at 4:59 so we can count it down together?[/QUOTE

LOL!!!! LOL!!!! I got one of those calls last night, (see my other post about gc services) LOL!!!! except I have until 12:00 noon today!!! I wonder what is going to happen????

Comment

You'll get called again. Talked to BoA and they called back two hours later...and every day since. Surprisingly, GEMB left me alone, but if their good deal doesn't stand when I call back I won't be paying it.

(Still on the fence...if you can pay most--though not all--of your debts and still sock money away, is BK necessary right away?)
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Rooster - unless you have mentally prepared yourself to do battle with the collectors, you are best not to answer the phone. You know that you're not going to pay, so why waste your time and effort?

Turn off the ringer or turn off the phone. Leave a message with your name and phone number on it.

The only reason to talk to collectors is to either pay them or play with them. Either way, you need to be prepared to do it.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

You are all right, I strangely get a little comfort, because I am thinking that as long as I keep talking to them it will hopefully hold off the next step...but I of course know that no matter what I do or don't do really has no bearing on it....if they are going to sue they are going to sue!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X