got a call from the lawyer who sued me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got a call from the lawyer who sued me

i have a summary judgement against me now and got a call from the lawyer who obtained it..

he wanted to know what arrangements i wanted to make, to pay my debt.. i told him that i had no intention of paying and that he should notice from the debtors exam, that my money is not garnishable and im considering chapter 7...

he just said, ok, im looking at your assets...i really dont own anything that isnt finanaced...

i dont have a clue what his next move will be..
    "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Originally posted by floridian View Post

i dont have a clue what his next move will be..
    No one probably knows at this point, including the lawyer. He's looking for assets, and if he finds some, he will probably proceed to go after you. If there are no assets to be had, he will probably not waste his time.

Time will tell.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I have three large judgments. One is being paid through wage garnishment and will be done in 90 days. This party also has a separate judgment. If they are smart, they will immediately file a new writ after the first writ expires in 90 days. The other party is represented by an out-of-state attorney firm. They have the judgment, but have not proceeded with wage garnishments. Garnishment can be a real game of timing when there is already an active judgment in my state. Garnishments expire from the date of issue here, not when the employer starts paying. I suppose this is to keep a fair playing filed for all judgment creditors. (I have no other assets that are not exempt.) Since my paycheck is direct deposit, all money in the bank account is now exempt because of the wage garnishment. The OC could attempt to file a bank levy, but I would immediately cry foul and return a notice of exemption form. If they continued to go after exempt funds, they will run the risk of a very angry circuit court judge in my district. I'm not sure how Citi will proceed on the judgment. I was hoping they would get in the garnishment line. The legal firm has taken no further action. Perhaps, the legal firm was only hired to obtain the judgment. At this point, the OC could sell or assign the judgment to outside collections. Perhaps the judgment will simply sit there for years until I address it with a settlement offer or a BK. I know other folks who have had unpaid judgments for years and no action ever taken. Weird. I wonder why.

Comment

I suspect the reason why some creators do not proceed with garnishments after receiving judgments is that it might take a lot to keep track of and that they have to be on the ball as to what is going on.
        Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

i think with floridas homestead laws, my home is pretty safe..
            "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X