what should i do?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what should i do?????

the person i live with, and have lived with for many years ordered a new dell computer for christmas. she got it the first part of dec. had a long standing acct with dell and always current.. on new years eve she had a stroke and heart attack..is currently on breathing machine with lung problems in hosp...although i am a power of attorney on her acct. i have no intention of paying on this acct until i am sure she will even survive, which obviously could take months as they arent even talking about a release. not to mention rehab or physical therapy and all the upcoming expenses..i am wondering if dell can cry foul for ordering new computer and not paying. the last payment which was made in dec went for other computer she has been paying for for over 3 years...she is still confused and disorientated so i couldnt trust her judgment about sending the computer back, even if dell would accept it by now...i would rather wait until she is home and of sound mind to make that call....any thoughts what dell will claim????

I really can't speculate about what Dell may or may not do. But please accept my best wishes and prayers for the speedy recovery of your companion. Be sure to take care of yourself.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Junker:
      Sorry to hear about your significant other having such devastating health issues which I am sure is taking a toll on you. Certainly not a good way of starting the New Year. Let's just hope that her health improves from here on and that the outlook is positive in the long run.

As for the computer: I have no idea what Dell would claim, but I do think that you should just do what you believe is best. Under the circumstances I don't see how ANYBODY could 'cry foul'...IF however Dell does, so what? ...let them....in the greater picture you have more important concerns...

As I don't know your financial situation, it is of course difficult to make definate suggestions...but, if she does not have sufficiant incoming funds to justify the payments for the computer than quite frankly I would contact the company, explain the situation, and ask them how to proceed... can't see any harm in that....at least you may get a clearer picture as to how to proceed, after doing that.

If Dell agrees to take the unit back, you may want to send it back... after all a new computer can always quickly be bought again, especially if (i.e.) she could use it perhaps (?) as part of her rehabilitation (please understand that I totally have no knowledge of if it could be helpful at a later time or not...)

My prayers are with your loved one and you.

Comment

I concur with OhBoy.

I would discuss the situation, in general terms, with Dell. I would not disclose the hospital. Gawdawful debt collectors would probably call her room.

See what they suggest and whether it is reasonable or feasible.

If it is not, then just ignore them and make sure to document the conversation in some fashion. Later, if needed in court, this would make Dell look incredibly insensitive. With any compassion from Dell, it won't come to that.

I would imagine they have policies for deferment in such circumstances, but there is no way to know.

In fact, I would ask that exact question. They may want a doctor's name or note, but that should be easy.

In any case, you have far more important concerns, and if it is any trouble at all I would just ignore the whole thing for now. My thoughts and prayers, for what they are worth, are with you.

Best,

-dmc
        11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
        12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
        3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X