If you agree to a payment plan....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you agree to a payment plan....

can you still file for BK and will that debt go away? I am wondering because I want to file, but have a few things going on with a modification/settlement with my mortgage and want that to be completed before filing.

The reason I might take a payment plan is just to delay it going to court for a judgement. I know most want a settlement paid at once, but just seeing if that was an option? I have a Cap1 account that I am worried about going to a
    lawyer. Right now it's in collections. Not sure how long it stays there for?

Originally posted by ChrissyF View Post
    can you still file for BK and will that debt go away? I am wondering because I want to file, but have a few things going on with a modification/settlement with my mortgage and want that to be completed before filing.

The reason I might take a payment plan is just to delay it going to court for a judgement. I know most want a settlement paid at once, but just seeing if that was an option? I have a Cap1 account that I am worried about going to a
    lawyer. Right now it's in collections. Not sure how long it stays there for?
    call them and ask if you can be setup on a payment plan...
    if they do set you up on a payment plan, they will not
    take any futher action as long as they are getting money.

Comment

Thanks, I just want to put them off for awhile until I settle my mortgage.

Comment

If its CAP1, it will stay in collection for a long time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X