top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can the creditors use against you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can the creditors use against you...

I have been reading for as long as I have been on this forum, about they could use the information you tell them against you.

I am curious as to what can they use against you? I know the obvious like giving them a bank account number, they withdraw your account, but what can they do so horrible!

Thanks for the info....

Originally posted by rooster0330 View Post
    I have been reading for as long as I have been on this forum, about they could use the information you tell them against you.

I am curious as to what can they use against you? I know the obvious like giving them a bank account number, they withdraw your account, but what can they do so horrible!

Thanks for the info....
    Off the top of my head, I can think of a few things:

If you hint that you might file for BK, they might move quickly to levy your bank account or seize personal property or garnish your wages;

If you tell them that you are insolvent or unemployed and have few prospects for work, they might use that in an adversarial proceeding claiming that you used the cards knowing you had no ability to repay;

If you mention the name of any employer, they might subpoena that employer to get information about where your payroll checks were deposited (bank account information).

You might say something that they can claim was a reaffirmation of your debt.

Keep in mind that they are looking for ANYTHING that they can use against you in a court of law. It's really not a good idea to give them any information at all. Others have posted examples of innocuous statements you can make if you really must speak to them. One I recall was "I am really not in a position to discuss my finances at this time".

Comment

Thanks Apresmoi, those are some real good examples.

Comment

Oops. i've been telling everyone that I'm dead broke and filing Chapt 7 then give my atty number. I guess this is wrong.

Comment

No, if you have already filed BK and/or have an attorney, this is an appropriate response.
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Great! Thanks! I don't want anybody suing me before the house forecloses.

Comment

well you could say- "hold on, while I count my money' cling alot of coins around loudly- laugh it up- click 2 wine glasses together- and tell then this is the happiest day of your life!
              Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X