Violation Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Violation Question

I "owe" $700 on a student loan that I was told was in forbearance (long story short- they put it in for 3 days instead of 3 months.) Anyway, the Goon Squad they hired to collect the debt called 10-20 times a day for a week straight whether I spoke to them or not. Finally, I got in touch with the student loan company and we went over the situation and they agreed to backdate the forbearance so that I'd be current on the account. The next day I got a call by someone identifying themselves as my student loan company. I, thinking it was them, said, "I hope you're calling to tell me that everything is all set with the forbearance". The guy on the phone said, "you've been denied the forbearance because you owe on the account. The only thing you can do is pay the back balance today." The guy went on and on about how I owed the debt and nothing would get me out of it, until it became clear that he wasn't actually with my student loan company.

My question is, do I have any recourse since he said he was my student loan company and that I had been denied a forbearance? I have his name and the date and time of the call, but nothing else.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X