Please help, after the DV what now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, after the DV what now?

Once the DV letter is sent and there is no response from the collection agency what happens?? Can they resell the debt and I have to go thru these hoops again? I thought I would just send the proof to the credit agencies and it would be over but not sure now.
    If you think no one cares about you try missing a couple of payments.

There are plenty of posts here for you to read and understand what will occur next.

Basically, you'll be hearing from these folks soon enough again.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

If they haven't sent you satisfactory proof, and are still reporting this on your report, send a copy of your receipt for your certified mail, a copy of the first letter you sent and a statement that they have not complied with the FDCPA and are now in violation of the Act. Tell them they need to immediately remove the collection listing from your credit report or you are going to file a lawsuit because they are in violation of the FDCPA, section 809 (b).

Wait 15-20 days to hear back after this second letter to the collection agency. They will either remove it or not respond.

If they don't respond or don't remove the listing on your credit report, you now have the right to sue them - - theoretically in small claims court.

Although my local small claims court stipulates that it does not accept small claims suits against CAs and CRAs, which is why I never pursued this course of action.

Comment

Thank you tigergem!!

Ohio I already searched before I asked but thanks for being rude!
        If you think no one cares about you try missing a couple of payments.

Comment

Originally posted by bkpain View Post

He was not rude.

And maybe you need to search better.

Comment

Lets not let our financial frustrations get the best of us now...

Comment

Originally posted by bkpain View Post
              Thank you tigergem!!

Amazing. My advice was right no the mark for your post.

If you're looking for general information on bk it's best that you keep quiet and search. If you have a SPECIFIC question then I recommend you create a thread for it. "What happens next" is hardly a specific query.

Just don't expect any input from me. I don't offer assistance to overly sensitive, easily offended bankrupt posters.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

You guys! What's up with all the sniping in this thread? C'mon. Seriously, Ohio, no disrespect meant, but if you didn't have anything helpful to post, you could have just kept out of it. And wickedlate, your comment was completely unnecessary. Good grief. How is this helping anybody? If bkpain searched and couldn't find the information he or she needed, so be it. And so what? You just answer the question if you can and move on. And if you can't, or don't want to, then just leave it alone. Easy choices. Play nice and stop running with scissors.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                  You guys! What's up with all the sniping in this thread? C'mon. Seriously, Ohio, no disrespect meant, but if you didn't have anything helpful to post, you could have just kept out of it. And wickedlate, your comment was completely unnecessary. Good grief. How is this helping anybody? If bkpain searched and couldn't find the information he or she needed, so be it. And so what? You just answer the question if you can and move on. And if you can't, or don't want to, then just leave it alone. Easy choices. Play nice and stop running with scissors.
                  I gave a perfectly helpful answer. I encouraged the OP to research the site as most people have significantly different outcomes to sending a DV and researching is the best way to find answers to such a general answer.

I also gave a specific answer. I'm sorry if you found my post unhelpful but I didn't post it in an attempt to help you. I was responding to the OP.

Thanks for your advice nonetheless! Have a great afternoon!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X