what do the creditors think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do the creditors think

Just wondering what the creditors think when they figure out you are judgement proof and belive it? Do they try and figure out what you status is? When they ask me about income and I tell them SS and VA disability it seems to change the conversation. Or maybe they don't care one way or the other. Any ideas?
    Thanks

They won't care one way or the other.

If they TRULY believe it, they will simply move on to the next target in most cases.

More likely, they won't believe it anyway, and will sue, trying to get a default judgment. Then they will periodically try to collect on it.

Really, it makes no difference to them. I think we, as debtors, sometimes build these things up a little in our heads. Or a lot. We are all the stars in our own movies of life, after all. Reality is, unless we are worth millions or running from millions, no creditor gives us any thought. Maybe not even then.

Good luck
    11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
    12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
    3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

First, they don't believe a thing you say.

Second, they can look up assets and see who is sue-worthy and who is not worth the bother. They can look at what state you live in and see if it is worth the bother. THey can't do it at the phone monkey level though. They are commission driven and only care about scaring you into paying.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by DeadManCrawling View Post
        They won't care one way or the other.

If they TRULY believe it, they will simply move on to the next target in most cases.

More likely, they won't believe it anyway, and will sue, trying to get a default judgment. Then they will periodically try to collect on it.

Really, it makes no difference to them. I think we, as debtors, sometimes build these things up a little in our heads. Or a lot. We are all the stars in our own movies of life, after all. Reality is, unless we are worth millions or running from millions, no creditor gives us any thought. Maybe not even then.

Good luck

DMC states it accurately. You see, if they get a Judgment, they could collect if you (or anyone) recovers and some day wins the lottery, or at least sells a house. They just don't care. You are one of many. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by maxwell18 View Post
          Just wondering what the creditors think when they figure out you are judgement proof and belive it? Do they try and figure out what you status is? When they ask me about income and I tell them SS and VA disability it seems to change the conversation. Or maybe they don't care one way or the other. Any ideas?
          Thanks
          If they threaten to sue, this will probably just get the debtor moving on filing BK, which will cease the suit. It's just a chess game that usually ends up stale. The creditors don't care, nor should the debtor, UNLESS they aren't actually 'judgement proof'.
          Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

Why sue when you can't recover? It's a waste of time and money.

Comment

because someday they might be able to. you know teh economy will turn around you will come into a windfall and become of of the ruling elite.
              Discharged- pro se- chapter 7~!

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                Why sue when you can't recover? It's a waste of time and money.
                It depends on the amount. If it's under $10,000 and they can push it through small claims without any resistance they might do it in hopes that one out of ten debtors acquires some money or property to attach to it.

I still haven't received a notice of any pending suits after 9 months of non-payment on numerous cards and I'm days away from filing.
                Filed Joint, No Asset, > $100,000 Unsecured Ch.7 6/7/13 ~~ 341 Meeting 7/15/13 ~~ Discharged 9/16/13 !!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X