top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FedEx today from FIA Card Services ... can they really expect full payment??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedEx today from FIA Card Services ... can they really expect full payment??

Always so intriguing to get a FedEx delivery...

FIA Card Services is Bank of America, which is my largest single creditor ($15K over two cards.) But the letter only speaks to one of them, and asks for a "payment of $193 by March 17th" to get me "back on track." But I MUST call by March 17.

Otherwise...then the "amount of $8,027 is due by March 17." I have not used THAT BkAm card in over one year. Stopped paying in December. Took first call Jan. 12.

Okay...is this a bluff, or can they really expect that someone pays a delinquent account in full on five days' notice?? Just ignore? I have spoken to BofA reps early on, though I ignore the calls now. I believe the other calls referenced the _other card though, so this is a bit puzzling.

I haven't even retained the attorney yet -- as I don't know where my April 1 rent is coming from yet it's not likely I will be able to by then either.

And I have a related sort of dumb question, but it bugs me:

If I last paid this card 11/23, that means I missed the DECEMBER 21 due date. So by my calculations, the "late days" should start from the day I missed THAT payment, not from when I last PAID. Am I right? So in other words, I'm coming up on three months' overdue, not four, right? I remember one phone call with Amex the lady said I was at "day 61" at which something magically happened...but by my calcs I was only a month late. But she was counting from the day I paid last...but when you do make a timely payment, then you have close to a month before they expect another check, so that's what confuses me. Does this make sense???

P.S. The letter never comes out and says Bank of America anywhere...I only know it's that card because they do provide the account number. Isn't that odd? Also...the envelope says on the outside "DESTROY if undeliverable, don't call".

Its another collection attempt. Ignore it.

I have gotten plenty of these from other creditors.

Comment

I received EXACTLY the same type of Fedex from BofA (FIA) credit card at least 2 months ago.... what happened?...Nothing. I think I spoke to them a month or so later and there was not even a mention of the special delivery pouch or the demand.

Personally, I wouldn't even give it a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
        I received EXACTLY the same type of Fedex from BofA (FIA) credit card at least 2 months ago.... what happened?...Nothing. I think I spoke to them a month or so later and there was not even a mention of the special delivery pouch or the demand.

THANK YOU, Ryan and Jacko. It is a tad heart-stopping to see the FedEx guy...I was thinking "first lawsuit" and things like that. So the same exact thing, eh?

I almost want to call and say "if you have $20 to waste on all these FedEx deliveries you really don't need my money that badly."

Comment

At least you got mail from them....they have now traced all my phone numbers and are calling them leaving messages. Last payments to them was also November. They have sent zip in the mail yet.

I hate the idea of calling them back but I will not have them calling the parents, the friends, the exes, and anyone else they can conjure up.
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I got something like that too, several months ago. I think it was UPS'd though. Can't remember if it was BoA or another creditor. I ignored it.

Sidenote, has anyone actually experienced creditors contacting your family and friends? I know a lot of us worry about that, but just wondering how common it actually is. I had one creditor call my sister one time, but I'm not even sure who it was because it caught her off guard and she didn't ask. Weird thing is, she's married and no longer has the same last name as me. My parents are the ones I really thought would get a call if anyone, but they never did. And I don't know how on earth my creditors would know who my friends are.
            Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
            341 meeting - 4/2010
            Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

I had a collection agency call my next door neighbor and asked them to give me a message to call them back.
              Marie

Comment

Lissy, if you ever used any of them as "emergency contacts" then this is how they get friends. They also use searches like Intelius...ever had a roommate? An ex spouse? I don't know how up to date these are, but I have heard people on other boards talk of exes getting calls when they have been divorced for 16 years.

I did call back BoA; I have to say they have the most polite collectors in the business. I did ask them to C&D phoning since it was inconvenient and told them I sent a letter (Texas debt collection laws apply to OCs as well; they are stricter than FDCPA) and she said she would mark this down...told them mail and email was okay and the info they have is accurate. I had no calls from them since.
                First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

A neighbor makes sense, given they know your address. I was linked to my most recent ex pretty heavily, I did use him as an emergency contact when we were together and we were on his business together. But he gets so many collection calls of his own and never answers, so I doubt he would answer one for me. LOL Good to know though, thanks!
                  Filed Ch 13 - 2/2010
                  341 meeting - 4/2010
                  Confirmed! - 6/2010

Comment

NF, I got my FIA "we need a pay in full or else....your credit rating may be damaged." They did not bother with FEDEX; mine came regular snail mail nine days after it was written.

I laughed at it...they dropped my score about 100 points when they started CLDing all the accounts they bought from other banks. Can't wait for 3rd party CAs to get it...I doubt BoA has any accurate records as I never opened accounts with them. They will never get original contracts.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X