Citi wants to settle....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi wants to settle....

...or make any kind of help possible for me. Got a UPS and figured it was my DV reply from CA who can't stop calling. Nope, it was their famous "it's your move" letter. They offered about a 48-49 percent payback. I have until 4/15 to call. I can cough up all at once (ha ha) or make a plan for payback via installment.

Anyone make the call when you got this letter...and what kind of installments did they offer?
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

We owe Citi around $21,000 and they wanted me to pay $211/month for 5 years.I told them there was no way I could afford it.They didn't offer to take less until they sold it off to a collector who said they would now settle for $14,900. A week after their last offer.

Comment

211 times 60 is 12K or so. SOunds like they raised their settlement.
      First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
        211 times 60 is 12K or so. SOunds like they raised their settlement.
        That's true! I didn't even think about it.

Comment

Love that user name.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by OHBOY View Post
            Love that user name.... lol
            Thanks! There are days when it fits me real well. If I make it to 70 I'll probably need a GPS to find my way home.

Comment

Originally posted by braincramp View Post
              Thanks! There are days when it fits me real well. If I make it to 70 I'll probably need a GPS to find my way home.
              My mother told me that when I was like 15...

well there wasnt GPS back then, it was like:

"Boy, you need a God D$#@ map to find your way back home..."

If she were still alive, she would have used GPS

I know she would...

Comment

Unfortunately only one option sounded doable: a 260 dollar payment for 12 months which will revert to regular payments afterwards. However I owe the IRS and can't make a payment till July or so. While the offer to settle was a generous one, if I had 11K laying around I would be able to pay them. I was offered 60 months at 420, but that is too high. She said it would go to a CA or an attorney since I am going 90 days overdue.

Bring it on. The CAs I have dealt with may make me enough $$$ to bail me out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                  ...or make any kind of help possible for me. Got a UPS and figured it was my DV reply from CA who can't stop calling. Nope, it was their famous "it's your move" letter. They offered about a 48-49 percent payback. I have until 4/15 to call. I can cough up all at once (ha ha) or make a plan for payback via installment.

Anyone make the call when you got this letter...and what kind of installments did they offer?
                  With Chase they offered the percentage payoff and 6 months to pay it in equal installments on the 28th of the month or lump sum of the percentage. AMEX would not take installments, only lump sum of 10%.
                  Teacher Momma

Comment

Braincramp is one of my favorite "words." And I sure get a lot of them from trying to navigate good old Title 11.
                    12/2009 Stopped paying CCs; 3/10 1st suit;
                    8/2010 finally served; No Asset 7 filed. 11 mos since last bal xfer
                    9/22/10 60 day club; 9/24/10 report of no distr; 11/23/10 DISCHARGED

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X