BoA/FIA MAY take legal action if......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BoA/FIA MAY take legal action if......

Sent a limited C&D asking to quit calling. THey sent letters today saying they understand and respect my request for no contact (no I never said no contact, I said no phone contact and this is in the letter.)

If I don't send the minimums this month, they MAY take legal action against me. Skeery, skeery. Oooooh I am scared now.

Seriously, anyone deal with the Bend Over America/FIA peeps? THey are not willing to settle, and the six month mark is looming so I guess they think I have assets???

(Got my Chexsystems today...the only account listed is my fun money account which has 3 bucks in it.)
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

I have both a BOA and Fia card, they are my biggest $20,000 and $11,000...they have been the absolute quietest!!! They use to call maybe once a month I stopped paying in July. I told them about 2 months ago I retained attorney and here is his name and number, they called one more time and asked if we could try to work out a settlement, I said no and they said, We wish you luck and have a great new start???!?!?!!! So, I cannot say much against them, but AMEX is a whole other story LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
      Sent a limited C&D asking to quit calling. THey sent letters today saying they understand and respect my request for no contact (no I never said no contact, I said no phone contact and this is in the letter.)

If I don't send the minimums this month, they MAY take legal action against me. Skeery, skeery. Oooooh I am scared now.

Seriously, anyone deal with the Bend Over America/FIA peeps? THey are not willing to settle, and the six month mark is looming so I guess they think I have assets???

(Got my Chexsystems today...the only account listed is my fun money account which has 3 bucks in it.)
      For the most part I had a good experience in my dealings with BOA/FIA. In advance I understood what I would hear from them when we did speak. Pretty typical stuff. Bottom line is they want to make a deal and they want it to happen before 180 days. BOA sounds like the only one making the real low numbers deals from everything I have heard.

They were the ones who gave me the settlement numbers starting at 45% and finally at 20%. I don't know what kind of numbers they have told you but if you have 20% I'm sure they will listen. If not I would go BK.......that stops calls.

Comment

I have received no settlement numbers to date. I had heard they were willing to drop lower than most others, but have not received a single letter yet. Citi is the only one offering settlement at this stage.

I admit they were the nicest callers I had spoken to but can't help that I don't have enough scratch to cover everyone so "dead" accounts I haven't used in years are the first to get cut from the budget. I am "do not call"ing everyone because I don't carry that phone and rarely check it. I prefer my deals in print anyways.

Wouldn't have 20 percent until about five months down the road once I pay the IRS.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

a lot of my major debt is probably about 5 years old, and I still get collection letters, but I have never-ever been offered a 20% settlement, if I had, then I would surely try to settle some of the bigger accounts..I think the best ive ever gotten was maybe 40% offers, and its funny, even from those that buy collections pennies on the dollar, they still ask for high amounts...some of my accounts have been resold so many times that I have lost track...I guess they feel even though they bought your debt for pennies, then they still deserve what you owe in full or near to it...

Comment

Funny thing about this account...I have not used the card in over 3 years when they ratejacked me (so it is not the rash of BKs causing this...it was going on when times were good too)....the principle and some interest was long ago paid off. Now it is about 11K of pure profit and no more.

If I can't pay it, I can't pay it. They can look at my CR, I have nothing for them.

Comment

They are bluffers, and the least aggressive IMHO.

Comment

I figured this is one that can be blown off. I am paying Chase only because I know they sue and sue fast. I C&D'ed GE Money's hired gun CA who violated the do not call my cell for another nine days and gave up, and GEMB sent me letters...one saying they no longer have an original application and another saying that my statements prove the validity of the debt and I signed an application on such and such a date (huh...didn't you say you have no app on me?) and I could face legal action, bla bla.

Comment

Are you collection proof? What happens is when your favoring one creditor over the other will show up on your credit report. And they could all sue you thinking you have cash.

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                  I figured this is one that can be blown off. I am paying Chase only because I know they sue and sue fast. I C&D'ed GE Money's hired gun CA who violated the do not call my cell for another nine days and gave up, and GEMB sent me letters...one saying they no longer have an original application and another saying that my statements prove the validity of the debt and I signed an application on such and such a date (huh...didn't you say you have no app on me?) and I could face legal action, bla bla.

Comment

I live in a state where wages cannot be garnished. I rent. I have a car, but it has 10K owed on it. I don't own fancy jewelry and anything I have is exempt in my state. They could go after bank accounts but much of my income is federally exempt.

Chase has a minimum payment of 28 bucks. It is a very small balance. And it doesn't look like the creditors all update once a month...I am way late on Citi and they have nto reported yet!

If GE sues, I countersue both them and their hired gun. I have their CA on record calling my cell phone 10 times a day for nine days after signing for the C&D. Anyone else, will cross the bridge when I get there.

Comment

I settled my $13,000 balance for $4,100 last month. It had gone to United Recovery after I hadn't paid in 6 months
                      Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

Was that $13,000 the original balance or after 6 months of accumulated interest and late fees?

Originally posted by jwmc1 View Post
                        I settled my $13,000 balance for $4,100 last month. It had gone to United Recovery after I hadn't paid in 6 months

Comment

I wasn't being charged interest and I had actually got them to take off some otheer fees.
                          Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X