Why haven't they called today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why haven't they called today?

This makes me nervous LOL. Neither AMEX or Discover have called today. Usually they call every day, multiple times. Is it b/c I spoke to AMEX yesterday, are they giving me a small break? (Which I would not expect!)

Silence makes me antsy....
    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Most likely...if you speak with them, you may buy some quiet time for a bit. BoA and Citi were like that. They will start again though; BoA took about two weeks and then started again. YOu just missed the first payment...but bear in mind that both Amex and Discover are quick to sue. Forewarned is forearmed.

Others never stop. After explaining to GE MOney that I was unable to pay, an hour later they called again. I said 60 minutes is not enough time for my situation to change.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Are they going to sue over just one missed payment? (So far, that is)
      Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
      "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

No, right now they are looking to see if maybe you forgot to pay. From what I have seen on a lot of boards the 90 day range starts to get treacherous for the sue-happy three (Amex, Discover, Chase) but it also depends on what they can find from an asset perspective.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

I noticed if I spoke to any creditor they usually didn;t call for about a week or even longer.

Discover actually would mention they would "turn off the calls" since we had talked by phone. It was as if we were trading favors; I took their call, so they would hold off for awhile.
          I am more and more of the opinion, the length of nonpayment is not as important as whats assets they can find and if they can locate your employment. Others on here have mentioned this and I'm feeling its right.

Comment

Assets - that's a good one. My name is on the house, we have perhaps $30k-$45k (and that's a very optimistic figure there) in equity b/t the 1st and the HELOC balances. With Oregon's exemption of $30k for single filers, I think I'm in the clear?

Other than that, I got nothin'. I'm also unemployed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X