top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feel little guilty & Feel like an Idiot for Feeling Guilty.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel little guilty & Feel like an Idiot for Feeling Guilty.

I stopped paying my cards this last month and we are just now starting to get the "Nice" calls. You know, The call acting so concerned about why all the sudden we are behind, Making sure to comment how they know we have never been behind before. Then I tell them work is non-existent and mortgage and feeding my family come first with what little income we have. So they act so helpful, They will delay the bill a few days, Reset the minimum, etc..

I must say, They are pretty good. I actually catch myself feeling guilty for a little while. Then I remember I have paid these cards at least 6 times over, Probably paid a small fortune to companies that reward me by jacking my interest from 7% to 30% for no reason at all after getting bailout from uncle sam and giving millions to top execs.

Then I get to feeling like an Idiot for feeling guilty. I guess I don't know whether I am coming or going, lol. I almost can't wait for the real collection calls to come, You know where they start out being jerks, lol...
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

They're good at what they do aren't they?

Don't worry, the hardcore ones are coming your way soon....
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      They're good at what they do aren't they?

Don't worry, the hardcore ones are coming your way soon....
      Yep.

Had the "pleasure" of talking to a very VERY snarky rep. for Sears. You know, telling me if I was just not going to pay to please not waste his time and let him know so that he could take me off of the call list. That was pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
        Yep.

Had the "pleasure" of talking to a very VERY snarky rep. for Sears. You know, telling me if I was just not going to pay to please not waste his time and let him know so that he could take me off of the call list. That was pleasant.

Promises, promises. It took chewing out Wells Fargo before they would remove my number; apparently my number belonged to a defunct business whose owner refused to change to her current number.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
          Promises, promises. It took chewing out Wells Fargo before they would remove my number; apparently my number belonged to a defunct business whose owner refused to change to her current number.
          Ya, he was a piece of work. I used to the "stall tactic" by telling them we were aware of the situation and no I couldn't make a payment over the phone. He got really short with me and said if I didn't plan to pay EVER, to please stop wasting his time so he could take me off the call list. LOL.

Comment

Wow, This is gonna get interesting. It is the 1st time I have ever had to deal with collection calls that belonged to me. I think its funny how you tell them that you currently have about $20 to your name and they still push to get you to give them that account info. And it is never just "We want to take the payement from your account", It always something sleazy like, "We are gonna do you a favor and hold at till the end of the month, We just need your banking info to make sure you aren't late", Everything to avoid saying outright we wanna take your money.

I think at close to that 90 day mark ill start telling them things have gotten so bad that I am gonna file BR, IT will be interesting to see how they respond to that.
            Chapter 7
            Filed, 12/21/2010
            Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

Originally posted by etechjc View Post
              Wow, This is gonna get interesting. It is the 1st time I have ever had to deal with collection calls that belonged to me. I think its funny how you tell them that you currently have about $20 to your name and they still push to get you to give them that account info. And it is never just "We want to take the payement from your account", It always something sleazy like, "We are gonna do you a favor and hold at till the end of the month, We just need your banking info to make sure you aren't late", Everything to avoid saying outright we wanna take your money.

I think at close to that 90 day mark ill start telling them things have gotten so bad that I am gonna file BR, IT will be interesting to see how they respond to that.
              Ya, or that you haven't made payments in 5 months on a card that had a $250 min. payment, but somehow a $25 payment is going to "catch you up". Ummmm, ya sure.

Comment

Yep.

Damn, if only it were that easy with all collection calls. I'd be like "Ok, we're not paying, bye!"
                Filed Chapter 7 April 29th, 2010
                341 June 1st, 2010
                Report of No Distribution June 2nd, 2010
                Discharged and Closed 8/10/2010

Comment

If you're planning on filing BK, I wouldn't take the calls at all. I've taken one call for my wife's card in 5 months. When I told them that I'd let my wife know they called, they immediately got an attitude and suggested that I just make a payment. I laughed and asked why I would ever pay money towards someone elses debt. They said nothing and I repeated that I would let her know of their call and said goodbye.

I realized after that one call that I didn't have the time or patience to argue or lie to someone over the phone about something I had no intentions of doing. It has kind of become a game between my wife and I when the phone rings, we guess who it is. Btw, if the phone rings at 8:45pm and you aren't paying your bills, it's Wells Fargo wanting their mortgage payment.

Comment

Originally posted by BROKEDED View Post
                    If you're planning on filing BK, I wouldn't take the calls at all. I've taken one call for my wife's card in 5 months. When I told them that I'd let my wife know they called, they immediately got an attitude and suggested that I just make a payment. I laughed and asked why I would ever pay money towards someone elses debt. They said nothing and I repeated that I would let her know of their call and said goodbye.

I realized after that one call that I didn't have the time or patience to argue or lie to someone over the phone about something I had no intentions of doing. It has kind of become a game between my wife and I when the phone rings, we guess who it is. Btw, if the phone rings at 8:45pm and you aren't paying your bills, it's Wells Fargo wanting their mortgage payment.
                    We tried avoiding the calls and did for a few months. However, they started calling the IL's looking for dh or I. Sooooo, I've started answering a few here and there to keep them from calling everyone we know looking for us.

I certainly don't answer every one, or I'd be on the phone all day long LOL, but I do pick up a few here and there.

Comment

We tried avoiding the calls and did for a few months. However, they started calling the IL's looking for dh or I. Sooooo, I've started answering a few here and there to keep them from calling everyone we know looking for us.

I certainly don't answer every one, or I'd be on the phone all day long LOL, but I do pick up a few here and there.
                      Yeah, AMEX and then their CA called my folks. Fortunately, my parents don't have an answering machine so they would never get the opportunity to listen to the collection song but they did answer the phone a couple of times. I told them that AMEX was trying to get me to sign up for different credit card programs

We don't know if anyone has called my wife's parents but her mom would definitely listen to the whole message and is probably silly(<nicely put) enough to let others hear it and ask what it meant. She asked my wife one day if we needed money which isn't THAT unusual but it was just the way she said it. Eh, who cares?

People will find out, it's inevitable. You'd rather it be at a date and time of your choosing and not be caught off guard but others don't contribute to my household so they have no say in the matter.

Comment

I don't care if people find out. I just want to hold off about a year. I have one of those sefvices that lets me filter where certain number, names, etc... goto. Usually I filter the calls straight to VM so they won't leave a message and keep an eye on the call log, But occasionally so they don't think I am completely ignoring them I let a call or 2 thru. I have actually got a little collection of numbers Citicard uses and BOA always comes up as "Restricted" for the number.

I actually wouldn't my mother finding out via collection call, Maybe she would finally beleive us that things are tight and stop trying to get us to buy stupid crap via AVON. Maybe she'd Even go as far as to pay us back the $50 she owes us, lol.
                        Chapter 7
                        Filed, 12/21/2010
                        Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

I don't answer the phone. Right now it's still the OC's so they are just doing their job and have been polite if I do answer. I have more respect for them vs. Junk Debt Collectors. I'm going on 4 months past due on Discover they aren't calling just sending letters now. The rest are 3 months and they are calling all the time.

Not sure if I'll ever have the pleasure of talking with a bottom feeder. When my boyfriend first moved in here he had a debt that was well beyond SOL and they started calling here for him. It was Portfolio. They were particularly nasty. Had I known then what I know now I would of recorded those conversations. One of the guys that called from that company started screaming and cussing at my boyfriend telling him he was going to go to jail if he did not pay them.

Comment

After 7 months I have been thru a pretty long cycle with them. They DO start off like a concerned parent wanting to know why you were out late or a boss who wonders if you're drinking too much. Very nice, soft spoken, accepting of almost anything you tell them.

Then a couple months later, just like the HULK transformation, they get much more aggressive and inquisitive. NOW, they want more details about your situation, talk about bad consequences, sometimes mention "legal stuff" and it just goes downhill.

....enjoy the goodtimes while they last.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X