This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frogger View Post
    A judgment is always an issue, even if you're a cash only consumer. If you have any assets, they are subject to seizure when you have a judgment against you.
    If you have assets, perhaps. But if you have none or they are in another person's name, you are fine. Besides, this is a moot point as creditors aren't going after debtors since they have received help from the Fed. We have all been given a fresh start thanks to the Fed.

Comment

Originally posted by CnsntWithdrn View Post
      If you have assets, perhaps. But if you have none or they are in another person's name, you are fine. Besides, this is a moot point as creditors aren't going after debtors since they have received help from the Fed. We have all been given a fresh start thanks to the Fed.
      I'm sorry, but if you believe this, you're an idiot. Pass that thing you're smoking to me please..........
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

A judgment is always an issue, even if you're a cash only consumer. If you have any assets, they are subject to seizure when you have a judgment against you.

You mean the Fed did not bail out Wall Street?

Comment

We have all been given a fresh start thanks to the Fed.
          Once again, you're attempting to mislead people. If you're gonna smoke that stuff, at least pass the bong around......
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.

Comment

Once again, you're attempting to mislead people. If you're gonna smoke that stuff, at least pass the bong around......
            No frogger, I am not attempting to mislead people. I am trying to demonstrate in a sarcastic way the inherent inconsistencies in this whole system and in the process hopefully get a few people to act. And just who is smoking here? The ones who are fooled or the ones who see through the BS? Perhaps I should be asking you to pass the bong.

Comment

No frogger, I am not attempting to mislead people. I am trying to demonstrate in a sarcastic way the inherent inconsistencies in this whole system and in the process hopefully get a few people to act. And just who is smoking here? The ones who are fooled or the ones who see through the BS? Perhaps I should be asking you to pass the bong.
              "Duuuuude...."

(ok..I so need the turtle from a Sharks Tale as an emoticon) LOL

What is your point here in all your postings? Are you trying to "enlighten" people into .......?? *puzzled look*

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                "Duuuuude...."

(ok..I so need the turtle from a Sharks Tale as an emoticon) LOL

What is your point here in all your postings? Are you trying to "enlighten" people into .......?? *puzzled look*

I am trying to show people that Wall Street and the Corporate elite are given preferential treatment. I am trying to show people that corporate profits are more important than people's survival. Why weren't the people bailed out in 2008? The money could have been given to the people with the stipulation that it must first be used to pay off their debts and the remainder could be used for purchases to fuel the economy. That plan would have helped the people and the bankers. But instead, it all went to the bankers so they can turn around and loan it back to the people with interest and keep the people in debt and therefore in submission. Well I have chosen to walk away and I would like to encourage others to do the same.

Comment

I am trying to show people that Wall Street and the Corporate elite are given preferential treatment. I am trying to show people that corporate profits are more important than people's survival. Why weren't the people bailed out in 2008? The money could have been given to the people with the stipulation that it must first be used to pay off their debts and the remainder could be used for purchases to fuel the economy. That plan would have helped the people and the bankers. But instead, it all went to the bankers so they can turn around and loan it back to the people with interest and keep the people in debt and therefore in submission. Well I have chosen to walk away and I would like to encourage others to do the same.
                  Okay....... but... what should have been done and what was done are 2 different things. And - dont assume that the people on this forum dont know how it all went down because really - we get it. Honestly, if it were that easy to just walk away unscathed, dont you think everyone would be doing it?

Why dont you tell us, in great detail, how you walked away unscathed, without any repercussions to you doing so and you're still here in the US and didnt flee the country since you're all about posting "Just walk away! I did and you can too without any incident whatsoever! "

Comment

Okay....... but... what should have been done and what was done are 2 different things. And - dont assume that the people on this forum dont know how it all went down because really - we get it. Honestly, if it were that easy to just walk away unscathed, dont you think everyone would be doing it?

Why dont you tell us, in great detail, how you walked away unscathed, without any repercussions to you doing so and you're still here in the US and didnt flee the country since you're all about posting "Just walk away! I did and you can too without any incident whatsoever! "

Hey Pandora, I'd be happy to. BTW, how are your Golden Heebie Jeebies?

Okay, I incurred a lot of credit card debt after my second wife took me to the cleaners. Was it all her fault? No, I share part of the blame. But I kept a job through it all, she didn't. Anyway, At first I tried to keep up with my payments but it became more and more of a struggle. I even left my apartment and moved in with a friend for awhile to save cash so I could get my debts paid off. But alas, along came the bailouts. And I thought to myself WTF? Why am I struggling to pay my debts when the Fed is taking my tax dollars and bailing out Wall Street. So I decided to walk away from my credit card debt. I got rid of my land line and got a track phone with no contract. I haven't gotten a call from a collection agency since. I use a mailing addres that is not mine so when they served me papers they had to deliver them to my job because that is the only place where I am reachable. The server asked me for a valid address and I refused and jokingly told him I live in my car. I have not appeared in court and have no intetntion to. I do notmaintain a bank account so they cannot seize that and I have no assets. And I live in a state where wages cannot be garnished for credit card debt. It is wonderful.

Comment

Okay, I incurred a lot of credit card debt after my second wife took me to the cleaners. Was it all her fault? No, I share part of the blame. But I kept a job through it all, she didn't. Anyway, At first I tried to keep up with my payments but it became more and more of a struggle. I even left my apartment and moved in with a friend for awhile to save cash so I could get my debts paid off. But alas, along came the bailouts. And I thought to myself WTF? Why am I struggling to pay my debts when the Fed is taking my tax dollars and bailing out Wall Street. So I decided to walk away from my credit card debt. I got rid of my land line and got a track phone with no contract. I haven't gotten a call from a collection agency since. I use a mailing addres that is not mine so when they served me papers they had to deliver them to my job because that is the only place where I am reachable. The server asked me for a valid address and I refused and jokingly told him I live in my car. I have not appeared in court and have no intetntion to. I do notmaintain a bank account so they cannot seize that and I have no assets. And I live in a state where wages cannot be garnished for credit card debt. It is wonderful.
                      so you're avoiding and doing it illegally? Oh yeah.. THAT makes perfect sense

You're the guy we'll read about on the news that gets arrested for not paying his bills - that stirs the pots on this forum when people freak out and post "OMG - someone got arrested for not paying their debt - thought debtors prison went away?!" And... those on here will have to answer incessantly "yes it did, but because they didnt appear in court and avoided all necessary avenues....eventually they got caught and due to those reasons..were arrested."

Gimme a friggin' break and as the others said... pass the doobie!

Comment

so you're avoiding and doing it illegally? Oh yeah.. THAT makes perfect sense

You're the guy we'll read about on the news that gets arrested for not paying his bills - that stirs the pots on this forum when people freak out and post "OMG - someone got arrested for not paying their debt - thought debtors prison went away?!" And... those on here will have to answer incessantly "yes it did, but because they didnt appear in court and avoided all necessary avenues....eventually they got caught and due to those reasons..were arrested."

Gimme a friggin' break and as the others said... pass the doobie!
                        Jealous huh? The state will take care of the creditors and bankers as we've seen. We need to take care of ourselves. Remember what you were taught as a child. Life ain't fair and you don't always get what you want. Well Pandora, that does not just apply to the great unwashed. It goes for the elite as well.

Comment

Pass the bong.......

Comment

Pass the bong.......

What is this pre-occupation with the bong on this thread? Is that your answer to everything or is it just a way to admit defeat because you cannot defend your position? You admit the bailouts were wrong, but you still play the game because, after all, "we gotta play by the rules and obey the law!"

Comment

I hope you've got a good excuse ready for your coworkers when you are served on the job. Their location should be readily available. Not showing up in court? Can we say default judgment? No assets? How about the car that you told the server you were living in? Better make sure it is in someone else's name. But, then, of course, you will have trouble insuring it - because you can't insure something you don't own.
                              Filed: 6/30/2010
                              341: 7/26/2010
                              Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Originally posted by wonderingrov View Post
                                I hope you've got a good excuse ready for your coworkers when you are served on the job. Their location should be readily available. Not showing up in court? Can we say default judgment? No assets? How about the car that you told the server you were living in? Better make sure it is in someone else's name. But, then, of course, you will have trouble insuring it - because you can't insure something you don't own.
                                Oh it worked out just fine and a year and a half later I'm still driving my car. Anyone here want to address the real issue?

Hmm, the Fed takes yours and my tax dollars and bails out Wall Street against the will of the people and everyone admits it's wrong. But when someone decides to do more than b*&%# about it, but actually fight fire with fire as it were, they get maligned. Yeah, Jim Morrison was right: "People Are Strange" Hey Jim, add weak to the list of descriptive adjectives to describe people.
                                Last edited by CnsntWithdrn; 07-23-2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X