Citibank summons just arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citibank summons just arrived

I have been all over this forum and I THINK I know the answer to this question, but I just want to make sure. Tonight, I received a summons from Citibank (I owe them $12K and change) that states I have 30 calendar days from today to "file a written response at this court", etc. I am planning to file for Chapter 7 (pro se) by the end of this coming week. Since I am filing within the 30 days, do I need to still address the demands of this summons? I think the answer is "No", but I am not 100% sure--and I tend to really over-research things.

Any and all help or wisdom on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Adventura View Post
    Tonight, I received a summons from Citibank (I owe them $12K and change) that states I have 30 calendar days from today to "file a written response at this court", etc. I am planning to file for Chapter 7 (pro se) by the end of this coming week. Since I am filing within the 30 days, do I need to still address the demands of this summons?
    No. Don't worry about it.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thanks Frogger---and that is the first piece of good news I have had in awhile.

Comment

Once you file however, send the court your bk information in order that they will dismiss it.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Possibly a stupid question since it may become evident once I file, but what exactly should I send them? Is there a form for this, or do I simply send them whatever I get from the BK court once I file?

Comment

30 days after 341 meeting at Colorado BK Court

Hi All,
            I'm new here. i filed 3/09/2010, trustee meeting 4/15/2010 adn still see nothing on PACER as of today. My question is since it has been 30 days pass, the trustee has no objection to my exempt property, that mean she will not any objection to my exempts correct?

Thanks
            Sako

Comment

Adventura-
              Do you mind me asking how many months you are behind in payments with them?

I have two accounts with them and they seem very agressive. I'm 90 days past due this month.

Comment

Do you mind me asking how many months you are behind in payments with them?

I have two accounts with them and they seem very agressive. I'm 90 days past due this month.

Oh, maybe six or seven months. If I remember correctly, they were the first CC company (of the three I owe money to) that sent my account to collections. Of course, I never answered the phone when they called--that might have accelerated the process from their end.

Comment

Not sure what state your in, i had 8 or so Citi's, they started going to attorneys at about 9-10 months. Here in California they have a big law firm up in N. ca that they use, and they are pretty agressive.
                  Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X