Amex Default Judgment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junker View Post
    within about 2 weeks of getting a judgment against me, they filed a abstract lien on my house...
    I guess I'd rather them file a lien on my house than go after my cash. Can they do both?

Comment

Originally posted by lwh1961 View Post
      I guess I'd rather them file a lien on my house than go after my cash. Can they do both?
      YES...after they filed the lien, they still wanted to know where i banked...they will try and get their money however they can....even take your car if the equitity is there. or garnish wages if possible.....in your state....so beware of all possibilities.....i was lucky because i sold the house the day they served me with papers..unrelated to the lawsuit....so the lien was moot....thats why the original judgment holder sold the judgment to another sleez ball....the abstract lien stays in the county of judgment...it took them almost three years to find me in florida....and when they did, they threatened to domesticate judgment THERE....by that time i had THAT house for sale.and in process of being sold....promised i would start making payments...made one payment...sold THAT house...unemcumbered by judgment...and moved back to calif...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X