top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the Winner is... ?! (1st bill to threaten to sue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the Winner is... ?! (1st bill to threaten to sue)

- GE Money Bank for Wal-Mart; $1,000, 45 days past due, sent to Zwickers & Assoc., had thought a deal was worked out with the OC.

Just got off the phone, the rep. basically gave up when I told her that $10 a month was all that we had free, send me a debtors exam (which she said she didn't know what that was), and all they could do is haul me in court but all they'd get is my pride and a empty checking account. She said $10 a month was fine for now, but she couldn't keep me out of court for that amount. I just told her she's gotta do what she's gotta do;she asked if I was sued would I appear, I told yes I would appear and if need be I would bring the attorney that is currently reviewing our finances as precursor to filing BK. She just said she'd note in the file that I would be willing to appear, possibly with a BK attorney, send in $10 a month till my situation changed.
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-25-2010, 05:06 PM.

GE is the first to send accounts to collections too. They do that after 2 months! Crazy.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

1) what sticks in my craw was that they never even notified me. And we were suppose to have a "deal" that let me skip the month.

Lesson: Don't trust a GE Money Bank deal

2) What was the point in asking if I would appear if they sued? Apparently "yes" wasn't the answer she expected to her or the one she wanted.

Comment

I hate them with a passion. I have had so many store cards taken over by them and subsequently closed....they closed over 10K of cards when I was riding about a 750 score! I paid off furniture (had an 18 month no pay deal) and within a week it was closed! No notification for several months. I owed 100 on PayPal, slashed my 1K balance to 100. No notification. Slashed a loan for no reason, to be close to the limit. Once again, no notification.
        First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

What they did when they got the Wal-Mart card was cut the limit by $200, which put the balance over-limit by $80, then started tacking on over-limit fees every month. I though we were working out something to take care of it without this stupidity, guess I was wrong.

Comment

Yep, GE, out of my 25 or so cards they went to collections first. all threat and no teeth though, send a DV to the CA, and they will go to sleep for a while, but GE will move it to an attorney.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
              Yep, GE, out of my 25 or so cards they went to collections first. all threat and no teeth though, send a DV to the CA, and they will go to sleep for a while, but GE will move it to an attorney.

oooh Alby, you brought back Hot Linda.

Yeah, the CAs GE hires are huge violators but will kick it back to them and disappear when you threaten to sue them. Wonder if they will stay gone when the next letter reads SUMMONS....

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
                oooh Alby, you brought back Hot Linda.

Yeah, the CAs GE hires are huge violators but will kick it back to them and disappear when you threaten to sue them. Wonder if they will stay gone when the next letter reads SUMMONS....
                nothin but Love for Ya
                Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

What was the point in asking me if I'd appear? To see if they has a easy-fish on the hook?

Comment

Quick Update: Got a call from Zwickers & Assoc., the person on the phone wants payments written directly to a specific person in the firm (the head attorney it's suppose to be), with nothing written on the memo line-- no acct. number, no anything. Told them no, that the checks would be made to the CA with the account number written on the check. The guy got huffy and said they might not be able to help me if I did that, I told them that I wasn't going to get my money stolen and hung up.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
                      What was the point in asking me if I'd appear? To see if they has a easy-fish on the hook?
                      If you said "no" then they would hurry to sue and try for a default summary judgment. By saying yes you let them know that you won't roll over and let them have a cake walk to your bank account :-)
                      Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
                      I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
                        Quick Update: Got a call from Zwickers & Assoc., the person on the phone wants payments written directly to a specific person in the firm (the head attorney it's suppose to be), with nothing written on the memo line-- no acct. number, no anything. Told them no, that the checks would be made to the CA with the account number written on the check. The guy got huffy and said they might not be able to help me if I did that, I told them that I wasn't going to get my money stolen and hung up.
                        This is interesting. I wonder how many people he has conned into sending him a check without a proper reference to the account AND made it personally payable to him! Glad you caught him in his con.
                        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X