Gordon & Weinberg, P.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon & Weinberg, P.C.

Does anyone have experience dealing with these guys? I received a letter via regular mail last week stating my delinquent GE Money account has been referred to their office. Unless they hear from me in 30 days that I dispute the validity of debt, they will assume the debt is valid. If I dispute, they will obtain verification of the debt or if the debt is founded upon judgement a copy of the judgement will be obtained and I will mail you a copy os such verification or judgement. Upon written request within 30 days I will provide with the name and address of original creditor. Any advice on how to proceed from here? I live in PA where wages are not granishable. Thanks.

I did send a DV letter from a sample here and this letter was their response.

The letter you got was an initial contact letter.
    Having sent a DV you will either (a) not hear from them again or (b) get a letter "verifying" the debt by giving the OC name, account number, and balance.
    At that point, they have legally satisfied your DV.

Now, if after a DV they start calling you again, it's likely they're a collection agency masquerading as a law firm and you should send them a cease and desist letter.
    If they don't call you but instead send you a letter demanding the balance in full, then it's likely they're going to file a lawsuit against you after 30 more days.

After that eventually they'll get a judgment, and you either hide from it or file BK.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X