Does this really work on people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this really work on people?

Recent round with a bill collector (where we informed them that would be filing for BK in the new future-- lawyer wants us to tell 'em).

Anyway, cue the oddest damn convo in a while

"Well if you file bankruptcy, all your neighbors and friends will know you're a deadbeat."

Okay...considering more of my friends are either walking away from upside down mortgages, in foreclosure, or filing BK themselves, I some how doubt it'll faze them.

"Well your family will know!"

Yeah...not so much a concern, aside from my parents, my "family" can go eff themselves.

"We can drag you into court, make you testify in front of a judge!"

Okay...and this is suppose to scare me how?

"You're sitting a bad example for your kids!"

What is this, highschool, what's next "yo' momma" jokes?

"Do I have to get an attorney on the line?"

Sure, why not. Can I call mine and we'll get a little 4 way call going?

"Consider yourself lucky, I'm not putting the attorney on the phone...this time."

Okay, whatever, tell him I said "hi".

~click of her hanging up~

Totally out of line. Care to name the CA?
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Unfortunately, yes. Most debtors do not know their rights and how to protect their assets.

I don't bother speaking to them. I have my ringer turned off. The other day, I attempted to make a call, but Chase's CA got their first. I hung up on them.

Why I don't speak to them? Every collector letter has this: "This is a communication from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt. Any information obtained will be used for that purpose."

I don't want them to know my plans including a future BK filing. Will let my credit report speak to them.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
        Totally out of line. Care to name the CA?
        Allied <something, Interstate I think it was> Debt collections-- I think. The woman rattled the name like she had a mouthful of marbles

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
          Allied <something, Interstate I think it was> Debt collections-- I think. The woman rattled the name like she had a mouthful of marbles
          Oh I loooooooooove them. They never left messages, called me 42 times on my unlisted home and listed cell phone after signing for the cease calling letter. I retained a lawyer on contingency and hope he can cause them major damage...after all, he gets paid if I get paid.

Mouthful of marbles? Knowing what kind of people get hired at these places these days, TOS restricts me from taking this and running evil thoughts with it...
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

There is nothing in that conversation that would qualify as a violation of the FDCPA regulations. It may come close, but his/her script was carefully parsed to avoid any violations.
            “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Don't worry, they will violate. They can't resist the siren song of the telephone. Since a WF collector was able to remove my name from the robodialer in five minutes though she warned that I may get called in the hour....any other CA can do the same. No excuse for more than one or two calls the day they got the letter. They push to see what they can get away with.

(Sent an intent to sue for TCPA and FDCPA and state violations...blown off. Their time is up Monday, or I "take further legal action without further notice." I retained a lawyer yesterday.)
              First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeIn2010 View Post
                Could it have been Allied Collections Services California?

Comment

Allied Interstate. Real dung eaters.

There is a huge differrence between not violating the law and being ethical.
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                    Allied Interstate. Real dung eaters.

There is a huge differrence between not violating the law and being ethical.

This group appears to be "none of the above."

Comment

I changed my phone number this week to a private number. No calls which is kinda creepy but in a good way. I'm still dealing with OC's if it were junk debt collectors I'd answer the phone just to see what they will say.

Comment

When you get one like this that loves to talk, play a game where you try to keep them on the phone as long as possible. One time I had Discover on the phone for about 45 minutes. They finally hung up on me.
                        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I used to love messing with them as well. Now I am getting phone calls for people who I do not even know. Sometimes 10 times a day from one of the collectors of someone else's debt.
                          Chapter 7 filed on 4/23/2010
                          341 meeting on 5/28/2010
                          Discharged on 8/19/2010

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                            When you get one like this that loves to talk, play a game where you try to keep them on the phone as long as possible. One time I had Discover on the phone for about 45 minutes. They finally hung up on me.
                            Hold on, I'll go get catleg for you........

(laying the phone down)

I've had a few hold on as long as 5 minutes waiting for me to go get me.

Comment

Really if you're a shut-in you'd take these collection calls all day long.
                              "When are you going to call back? Three days? Can you call back tomorrow? PLEASE."
                              It's funny when you're begging them NOT to hang up on you.
                              Then you know you've won.
                              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X