No announcement yet.

Certified Letter from Pressler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part of the problem is that the NJ courts have gone electronic.

So these guys can manufacture documents and affidavits at will. There is a strong presumption against the defendant.

The adversary attorney is supposed to "serve" you by both regular and certified mail. Only if you file an objection, will a hearing date be scheduled, and even then, they prefer to rule "on papers" regardless of your asking for Oral Argument thus never giving you a fair hearing. (P.S. If a hearing date is scheduled you will get from the court .. a postcard!)

Bottom line, Pressler wants you to call them so they can work out a deal with you, or failing that, so they can squeeze information out of you.

Did you know that the head of the Committee on the Special Civil Part is named ... Sylvia Pressler?

You can fight these guys, but ultimately you'll pay or just file BK.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Haven't picked up letter - just got the notice. What are the "same execution procedures as the original holder"? Can they just go to Court and get another judgment?
      and yes, a hearing has been scheduled - for this friday, june 11th. Aren't there rules for a time frame for notifying someone? Isn't it somewhere around 30 days?
      Last edited by howdidithappen; 06-09-2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by howdidithappen View Post
        Haven't picked up letter - just got the notice. What are the "same execution procedures as the original holder"? Can they just go to Court and get another judgment?
        and yes, a hearing has been scheduled - for this friday, june 11th. Aren't there rules for a time frame for notifying someone? Isn't it somewhere around 30 days?
        They already have a judgment. They can't get another one without a new debt you own them, which would require a new lawsuit. All I'm saying is they can execute the judgment, meaning seizing your assets to pay the debt, just like the original creditor. I have no idea what your Friday hearing is for. Maybe the letter they sent you will explain. Nor do I know the time rules for whatever the Friday motion is about. Once you know what the motion is you can look up the NJ laws for notification. If they were late in notifying you, well good luck - I doubt that is going to stop anything from happening.
        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

An order to enforce litigant's rights means they want an information subpoena filled out, which ultimately means they want payment arrangements made or they go hunting.

At some point you have to decide if you're filing BK on this.

Comment

I'm just confused. How do they already have the judgment? I thought that since these things are bought and sold, they have to prove the amount of money I owe. Obviously, I'm missing something.

Comment

Your mail must be going everywhere but to you.
              They sued you, you did not respond, they got a default judgment.

Comment

Who sued me? Chase(three years ago) or Pressler? Why wasn't I notified of the second lawsuit and the new judgment, if it is a new judgment. Also it's been posted that there are monetary limits for the method of serving a person.

Comment

I think Pressler can answer these questions better than I can. :-)

Comment

Once again, you already have a judgment. You don't need to be sued twice. This judgment can be assigned to anyone for collections. I believe at this point if you were to ask for verification of the debt, they can simply send you a copy of the judgment.

Comment

Thanks. Ok, but are there rules for filing a motion and advising someone a Motion has been filed against them? I think one has to answer the Motion 14 days before it's heard - how was I given enough time to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by howdidithappen View Post
                        Thanks. Ok, but are there rules for filing a motion and advising someone a Motion has been filed against them? I think one has to answer the Motion 14 days before it's heard - how was I given enough time to do that?
                        It's been 3 days since the certified letter was delivered to you. Have you signed and picked it up yet? It might just answer some of your questions.

The motion may not require any response from you. It could just be a courtesy notice to you that they are going to court. More likely it is a request for a court ordered interrogatory of your assets. Ignore it at your own risk. I hear jail food isn't that bad...

If the notice was sent to you late, based on the law, then you should have no problem appearing in court to request a continuation to study the request. You may be granted another 10-20 days before you would need to response to the order in that case.
                        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X