top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any stalling creditors for time suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any stalling creditors for time suggestions?

Answer one call from each one and tell them you are unemployed. You are doing the best you can, but are undergoing a severe financial hardship. You will let them know the moment your situation changes...and thank them for calling and hang up.

Comment

before

Comment

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
        before
        First, if you are going to file for BK, you have NO reason to continue to talk to them or pay them another dime. It is just money down the drain.

Are you concerned that if you don't talk to them that they will call your neighbors, friends and relatives? If not, just never talk to them. If you are, talk to each one only once, to let them know they have your number correct. Tell them nothing else. Then send them a C&D letter, or just ignore them in the future. Any serious offers will arrive in the mail anyway.

Get caller ID and screen out all the creditor calls. Or change your number. Or turn off your ringer. Best advice is to never talk to them ever. It will make no difference on how fast they take other action. If you never talk to them, they make think you have died. They will likely not want to sue a dead person.
        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Now that you are unemployed, whats the rush in filing? There are no debtor prisons. They can not make you pay. Do you have health insurance?

Comment

Thanks again WhatMoney. Right now, I am working on not going BK (if I can help it), yet I need some time to see if I can work out a payback plan to avoid going BK. Since I am unemployed, I am in bad shape right now, but if i get a job in a few months, I may be able to avoid BK. Yet I just want to see how much time I "might" have before my creditors escalate things. Mainly I am just trying to avoid being served. If I have 3 to 6 months at least before things get ugly, that would be great. Yet if I can stall my creditors for at least a year, that would be sooo GREAT!!! Yet since I have never been down this road before, I just want to find out what other have experienced in the first several months of being past due with their creditors. With a hope that I "might" can expect the same.

Quagmire

Comment

Jacko, I have a mortgage, so I do not want to lose my house. Thus my desire to avoid being served and my wanting to try to work out a payback plan with my creditors so I will never have to go to court. Yet if I end up being sued and the judge does not feel that I can pay my regular living expenses, my mortgage, and also have the ability to payback my my creditors, I think I will loose my house in order to satisfy my creditors. So I figure, if I can somehow keep my creditors complacent, they will not take me to court, and my house will avoid being at risk.

No, I do not have any health insurance. I go to a flat fee medical office whenever I need medical help.

Quagmire

Comment

Is the value of your house fall with in your states homestead exemption? If you have a stroke, heart attack and survive, those medical costs could easily hit 6 figures.

Originally posted by Quagmire View Post
                Jacko, I have a mortgage, so I do not want to lose my house. Thus my desire to avoid being served and my wanting to try to work out a payback plan with my creditors so I will never have to go to court. Yet if I end up being sued and the judge does not feel that I can pay my regular living expenses, my mortgage, and also have the ability to payback my my creditors, I think I will loose my house in order to satisfy my creditors. So I figure, if I can somehow keep my creditors complacent, they will not take me to court, and my house will avoid being at risk.

No, I do not have any health insurance. I go to a flat fee medical office whenever I need medical help.

Quagmire

Comment

Hello Jacko. I am not sure, I live in the Los Angeles, California area. Yet I do not have my house homesteaded. Yet I plan to . . . if it is not too late, yet I see that I have to read upon trying to make myself judgment/collection proof.

I wish that I could afford medical coverage, however from being self-employed for several years and until I had to close my business (due to it just not being profitable), I was never able to afford health insurance.

Quagmire

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X