top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rec'd judgement - never rec'd notice to appear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatmoney, thanks for your reply! I was wondering how companies found out about someone filing if you don't owe them money. That makes sense.

If I put my money for paying bills in a bank that I dont owe money to. Are they likely to find out about the BK and freeze my account?

Comment

Originally posted by jtallerie View Post
      Whatmoney, thanks for your reply! I was wondering how companies found out about someone filing if you don't owe them money. That makes sense.

If I put my money for paying bills in a bank that I dont owe money to. Are they likely to find out about the BK and freeze my account?
      Since I owe money to my credit union, I opened up a Wells Fargo account. My attorney advised me to take my money out of Wells Fargo because they are notorious for freezing accounts, even if you don't own them money. She said that I wouldn't have any problems with any other bank or credit union.
      Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
      341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
      Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

And, as mentioned in several other posts on this forum, many of the big financial companies offer prepaid debit card accounts. They don't pull chexsystem or credit reports. There are also out-of-state internet banks (Ally, etc.)

Someone told me that Cap1's prepaid debit card has a monthly fee of $5. Pretty cheap. There are other fees, but they are probably small enough that such accounts are worth looking into. In many states C1 does not have a brick and mortar existence.

Comment

I am kind of in the same situation

Unemployed, the outstanding debt is in my name, my husband works, but his money pays the mortgage. My unemployment stopped last week so I am really screwed now. I do own a house in NY with my husband (both names on loan/deed) can't they put a lien on the house if they can't garnish a salary right now? The house has no equity, but years down the road IF I ever sell this house wont I have to give them there money? How long is a judegement on your house good for? Is it forever or does it ever "expire"?

I think someone might have tried to serve me today, not sure it was a girl with a clip board and drove to my house and only my house. I did not answer, now I wish I did because I am driving myself crazy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X