No announcement yet.

Zwicker. Ugh.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

500. But it is money well spent; this one was the one we knew would settle...they screwed up the VOD, claiming nearly 30K but sending paperwork showing less than half that. They had a couple of violating phone calls and a rude collector but we figured we would not get more than FDCPA out of them. THe others had 50+ phone calls after a cease calling so they are going to get hit hard.

Once I have specifics I will post. For that amount I am not signing an NDA agreement.
    First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Originally posted by treehugger1 View Post
      You orignally said the OC sold the account to CA1. If OC sold account, how would they get it back? Just trying to get some clarification.
      I know this has been clarified in the OP's case but I think it can happen. When I was in the midst of my bk, I called one CA to let them know I was filing and they asked me what chapter. I told them to talk to my lawyer. The guy replied: why don't you just tell me and maybe we'll just send this back to the OC right now?

So I got the impression that the CA can send the debt back to the OC if they can't collect.

ep
      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I remember Zwicker, they are chihuahuas in my experience, all bark but no bite, even though I know some real life chihuahuas that do in fact bite, but that is another story.

Comment

Originally posted by optimistic1 View Post
          I remember Zwicker, they are chihuahuas in my experience, all bark but no bite, even though I know some real life chihuahuas that do in fact bite, but that is another story.
          They are getting a VOD this week. I figure I will let them start calling and then launch the VOD letter. Not sure if OC #1 sold it or not, they say they have been hired but the payment is to be sent to the CA. However, OC #1 will also be getting a demand from my attorney because of the actions of CA #1.
          First consult: You go now, no CH 7 for you. You spent entire buffet. 13 has a 95 percent payback. (Owwwch) On to next consult....

Comment

Update: Zwicker signed for the VOD on 7/2. No response at all. This is a huge no-no in Texas; it is tantamount to admitting the debt is invalid. Sent new letter telling them this means they must remove the tradeline immediately if there is one for them and to no longer contact me regarding this alleged debt.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinbroke View Post
              Update: Zwicker signed for the VOD on 7/2. No response at all. This is a huge no-no in Texas; it is tantamount to admitting the debt is invalid. Sent new letter telling them this means they must remove the tradeline immediately if there is one for them and to no longer contact me regarding this alleged debt.
              EDIT: Got their VOD today. It is one sentence saying the client says this number is correct. BUZZZZZ wrong answer. Plus it is dated 8/6 and postmarked 8/10. Sorry, thank you for playing, this is not a VOD according to the Republic of Texas.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X